• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freddyq
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
    I can vouch that our product development teams use this forum (and others across EMEA), our customers and other sources for a source of improvement developments etc. Not all make it, and we have to balance what is possible. I can also tell you there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes on the backend which is invisible - keeping the solution secure and reliable. We take heating seriously and do not make changes lightly.

So yes please let keep telling us.
    Really good to know. It would be useful if customers could see which of the ideas/suggestions/feedback have been taken through to development and are in the works. It would just help with the customer engagement in my opinion.

And while I have you here, do you know why the Android app goes through three loading screens before it displays the home screen? It's really quite frustrating sometimes when I just want quick access to the system. The first screen I see just has a loading sign and says "Reconnecting session...", the next one has the loading sign and says "Loading" and the third one has a bigger round loading sign and all I can see is the Red Home bar at the top of the screen before my zones finally appear.

Comment

• killa47
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2016

I can vouch that our product development teams use this forum (and others across EMEA), our customers and other sources for a source of improvement developments etc. Not all make it, and we have to balance what is possible. I can also tell you there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes on the backend which is invisible - keeping the solution secure and reliable. We take heating seriously and do not make changes lightly.
      So yes please let keep telling us.
      Originally posted by freddyq View Post
      Really good to know. It would be useful if customers could see which of the ideas/suggestions/feedback have been taken through to development and are in the works. It would just help with the customer engagement in my opinion.
      As freddyq says, some feedback system would be useful.
      I have asked Rameses pretty much the same in December 2016 here:
      Originally posted by killa47 View Post
      Could I just ask - when posters suggest specific improvements or report bugs - Is there a formal mechanism in place for Honeywell to be passed this information? Something along the lines of a bug/enhancement feedback system. I ask this because both you and Top Brake contribute on a personal basis (if I understand correctly) for which I and other members, I'm sure, are most grateful.
      Shouldn't there be a formal feedback system for Evohome users. Otherwise how do we get to know that improvement/bug notifications will make it back to Honeywell?
      Rameses answered as follows:
      Mmm good point. Bugs (real & service impacting ones) are squashed pretty quick as they get recorded at customer support level with calls etc. Minor bugs are harder. 99% of reported minor bugs are down to user issues/system misconfig /just plain uninformed opinion or lack of insight.
      We monitor this forum and pickup on things. But I believe you are right - there should be a 'locker' to submit observations etc. Let me pass back. Standby
      I believe we are still waiting for this “locker” idea to be put in place?

Comment

• freddyq
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Oct 2016

Hmm interesting. And to add to that killa47 - though I get that "bugs" will be picked up because of people moaning that something isn't working what we're talking about here are upgrades, improvements, enhancements which keep the app and system evolving. I'm sure if I was to raise a bug about the app not doing something it would get looked at but I'm not sure how they are monitoring the other stuff - which is basically what you asked.

Comment

• skwerl
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2016

We have away mode - (we call it away as you might be 'away', and not necessarily on holiday, ie work or just a mini-break, or had to see your relatives etc. It is in both app and device, and can be addressed via API partner integrations)

I don't know what you mean about multiple quick actions. If they were at the same time they would be conflicting

The ghost zone issue which some people experienced was fixed on the last FW update (a while back)

Yes we do take feedback seriously. Feel free to ring our customer services (0300 130 1299) if you wish to resolve any of the above.
          I'm running app version 01.00.01.00 and wifi ver 01.00.02.00.

I believe the app version has updated to 01.00.02.00 but given there is no way to force an update how to I update?

I'm now also suffering from the "can't connect to wifi" issue which I've discovered is an error in the reporting and the device actually is connected. How do i fix that properly? SW update I assume, which brings me back to my question about forcing an update

Comment

Working...
          X