Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Opentherm + EvoHome + Viessmann 111-W overshoots

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Crown View Post
    Not a lot I can do as I'm not Gas Safe registered so shouldn't really be opening up the boiler.
    That's only for the combustions bits, I think.

Automated Home Legend

Could it have been a comms failure that it has now recovered from?

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Could it have been a comms failure that it has now recovered from?
    Doesn't look that way. The error is still flashing now. The boiler comes on every now and again to top up the CH rad water, and also again when hot taps are run.

I've tried the famous turn it all offf and then back on again....no difference though. Very strange.

The CH Flow temp dial is set to "1" which is approx 30-35 degrees C, so it's not even using that as I've seen boiler temps in the 60-70 degrees range. I.e. as if all is actually working ok (except the max temp issue I have that is still ongoing)

I'm also going to call Honeywell as well to see what they say/can assist with.
    Last edited by StephenC; 22nd March 2017 at 09:45 PM.

Automated Home Guru

I'm seeing the Honeywell R8810 OT Bridge flash RED in the following sequence when A9 is shown on the boiler.

1-Short quick Red LED flash
    2-Short quick Red LED flash
    3-Short quick Red LED flash

Led off for same amount of time as the red led flashing sequence

1-Short quick Red LED flash
    2-Short quick Red LED flash
    3-Short quick Red LED flash

Led off for same amount of time as the red led flashing sequence

Etc....

Seems to be intermittent- hence I saw green led flashes every 10 seconds (correct operation) earlier.

I've tried moving the EvoHome controller to within 1 metre of the R8810 OT Bridge and this made no difference.

An RF test does not work even after rebinding (see below), but then I've just read someone else had this problem:
    http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?4109-Honeywell-Evohome-with-R8810-OpenTherm-Gateway

I've then reset the R8810 OT bridge fully via 15 seconds button press, removed and boiler control from system settings, and then rebound.

No difference, so at this point I'm stumped.

I've read the R8810 OT Bridge install guide below, and none of the led flash sequences match that I can tell.

http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents...001%20(EN).pdf

Automated Home Legend

I thought the Red LED flashes meant that there was no OT message received for some time. Hence the bridge was complaining.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I thought the Red LED flashes meant that there was no OT message received for some time. Hence the bridge was complaining.
    I thought that, but I was seeing it minutes after seeing green led flashes....re: red led flashing the PDF says it's after 1 hour comms loss..

Automated Home Guru

Well, now after rebinding (after clearing the R8810), its no longer switching the boiler on at all for CH..

Edit: the boiler Keeps kicking in intermittently....I'm wondering whether this actually means that since around 4pm today, EvoHome controller or the R8810 OT to be specific actually, is in "fail-Safe" mode of operation since comms has been lost...i.e. 20% on, 80% off
    Last edited by StephenC; 23rd March 2017 at 08:45 AM.

Automated Home Guru

Well, the house is fairly warm this morning. I can't say I've established what the pattern is that the OT tells the boiler to come on.

I don't think it's fail safe as I'm pretty sure it's not 2 mins on, 8 mins off over a 10 minute period.

It seems random to me at the moment without and data to show when it fired and when it stopped with A9 error, but at least it's generating some heat as I've increased the set points on a load of radiators to allow the HR92 to be open and take hot ch water from the boiler when it does fire up.

I'll be speaking to Honeywell this morning as I suspect it may be due to a modification or logging setup they called me about yesterday, that I gave them permission to carry out. (Although I was told I would get an email to confirm date and time).

There is no comms issue that I can see as the EvoHome controller and R8810 OT bridge bind successfully each of the 3 times I've performed it, and it flashes a lot (7-9) times when performing an RF Heat demand test when the both devices are in their original positions. No additional wireless devices added to the house or any other modifications.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    That's only for the combustions bits, I think.
    Yes, I believe you're not allowed to tamper with any of the gas pipes/fittings, the gas modulator (whatever it's called) or open the actual firebox or anything that would expose a naked flame. (As you might not seal it up properly gas tight again, which could cause CO leakage)

Other repairs should be fair game though - wiring, temperature sensors, swapping a PCB, water pipe plumbing, circulator pump etc... but don't quote me on that.

Stephen - As per agreement - please provide feedback to customer services ref your case. The senior tech will pick up with you.

You should have had an email, please check spam etc. But sorry you didnt get the exact timing notification.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own