• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mylesm
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2015

Impressions after 5 Weeks

I have been Using Evohome now for about 5 Weeks I have Controller and 8 HR92 Radiator Controllers 2 Round Thermostats for Temp Sensing in Kitchen and Hall and a DTS Stat for Living Room

Overall I am Very happy with system The Ease of use is great, Remote access through App also great, Quick Actions very useful, IFTTT Great,Alexa Great

Temp Regulation in Zones with Remote Thermostats has been perfect I have opt start and stop enabled and I leave it to do its thing I dont mess at all with setpoints and I find the Temp is always bang on Setpoint

Zones using HR92s as Temp Sensor I had to adjust setpoint to achieve good comfort in room ie if HR92 reading 20 then remote Thermometer was reading 18 so I just increased setpoint until remote thermometer read 20

Only issue I can see is Noise of HR92s operating in Bedrooms other than That I think it is a great system and allows Great Control to be achieved without having to do major replumbing

It may be considered expensive but to try to Zone an existing system which does not have suitable Plumbing would be way more intrusive and possibly more expensive

Mylesm
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mylesm View Post
    Temp Regulation in Zones with Remote Thermostats has been perfect I have opt start and stop enabled and I leave it to do its thing I dont mess at all with setpoints and I find the Temp is always bang on Setpoint

Zones using HR92s as Temp Sensor I had to adjust setpoint to achieve good comfort in room ie if HR92 reading 20 then remote Thermometer was reading 18 so I just increased setpoint until remote thermometer read 20
    Instead of raising your set points you could adjust the calibrate setting on the HR92. If the actual room temperature is only 18 when it reports 20, set calibrate (one of the menu options in the HR92 when you long press the button) to -2. (The setting only does something on an HR92 that is being used as a temperature sensor and is ignored on other ones)

I have most of mine set to at least -1, with one of them set to -2. This way you get a temperature reading and schedule for that zone that is more consistent with other zones - eg 20 means 20 in each room, and feels about the same instead of "20" in one room feeling colder than 20 in another.

Calibrate is not the same or as accurate as measuring the temperature using a wall stat (since the offset will vary depending on conditions in the room) but is better than not calibrating at all IMHO. You can set calibrate from -3 to +3, only in full degree steps unfortunately. (Unlike the built in sensor on the evotouch which can be calibrated in 0.1 degree steps. Even 0.5 degree steps would have been nice.)
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 15 March 2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X