• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

IOS App Issues

Anybody else having problems with the IOS version of the app if late? The app was updated a couple of days ago and since I find I cannot set anything using it whether using my iPhine or iPad. After selecting a room and a new chosen temperature it then exits and saves nothing. I have tried a complete exit etc. but the same issue. Perhaps I need to try deleting it and reinstalling.

Addendum.

I deleted the app, went to download afresh and keep getting a message I cannot download it. Presumably we have an issue with the update? I can no longer control my heating via my iPhone of iPad.

Addendum 02
    Success. After several tries I downloaded the app and it works. It appears the updating of the app caused issues such that deleting and reinstalling is necessary.

Addendum 03
    I have had to do the same with my wife's iPad and iPhone. Seems like there is an issue in the app when the latest update is applied.
    Last edited by G4RHL; 18 March 2017, 07:01 AM. Reason: Addendum
  • skwerl
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2016

Having issues today.

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    Anybody else having problems with the IOS version of the app if late? The app was updated a couple of days ago and since I find I cannot set anything using it whether using my iPhine or iPad. After selecting a room and a new chosen temperature it then exits and saves nothing. I have tried a complete exit etc. but the same issue. Perhaps I need to try deleting it and reinstalling.

Addendum.

I deleted the app, went to download afresh and keep getting a message I cannot download it. Presumably we have an issue with the update? I can no longer control my heating via my iPhone of iPad.

Addendum 02
    Success. After several tries I downloaded the app and it works. It appears the updating of the app caused issues such that deleting and reinstalling is necessary.

Addendum 03
    I have had to do the same with my wife's iPad and iPhone. Seems like there is an issue in the app when the latest update is applied.

App keeps saying the service is down for planned maintenance (though I reckon that's its default message when it can't connect) yet the TotalConnect website says the service is fully operational.

I generally find the app and website a bit ropey. Trying to connect Amazon Echo today and keep getting 503 errors

Honeywell need to up their game or they're going to lose out to the newcomers in this space.

Comment

• dty
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Aug 2016

I'm finding the newest version of the app crashes whenever you try and set a temporary override.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by dty View Post
        I'm finding the newest version of the app crashes whenever you try and set a temporary override.
        I have found the same but it is not constant. Some days it crashes if a temporary override is done, others it doesn't. My solution is a complete exit of the app and re-open. It is an IOS problem as it happens in my other IOS devices.

Whilst on the subject, it is about time the app was also iPad friendly.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Thank you for reminding me of that!

I have the same problem - as soon as I hit the time icon while setting a manual override from the iPhone app the app crashes. So, impossible for me to control temperatures from the iPhone app anymore.

Anyone from Honeywell able to pass this on to the app developer ?

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
            Thank you for reminding me of that!

I have the same problem - as soon as I hit the time icon while setting a manual override from the iPhone app the app crashes. So, impossible for me to control temperatures from the iPhone app anymore.

Anyone from Honeywell able to pass this on to the app developer ?
            The app crashed again for me last night. Same as in your case, when I went to set the time for the temporary override. Exiting and trying again cured it. It is though frequent, others are experiencing it, so it's "we have a bug"!

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

As I write this I cannot get the app on my iPhone or iPad to make changes. As before as soon as I try to set the time the app exits. The answer is probably to delete and start again but the fault will return.

Rameses, any feedback from Honeywell on this? I suppose I should raise a ticket.

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

Issue affects 4.4.0 release of the App on both Android and iOS. The problem is intermittent. Can occur when selecting temperature setpoint override. We have identified the problem on Android version and a fix is being created. On iOS we are still investigating as it is harder to replicate. No other performance or functionality is impacted

(eg I have had happen to me, but after initial crash, it now works fine and cannot replicate)

I will keep this thread up to date with any news as it occurs.
                getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• dty
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                  Issue affects 4.4.0 release of the App on both Android and iOS. The problem is intermittent. Can occur when selecting temperature setpoint override. We have identified the problem on Android version and a fix is being created. On iOS we are still investigating as it is harder to replicate. No other performance or functionality is impacted

(eg I have had happen to me, but after initial crash, it now works fine and cannot replicate)

I will keep this thread up to date with any news as it occurs.
                  It happens to me every single time on iOS. I think I've successfully set a temporary override once since the new version.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Sep 2014

It happens to me every single time on iOS. I think I've successfully set a temporary override once since the new version.
                    Same here. I can't set manual overrides on the iOS app at all without crashes.

As I have had to disable local override in the living room due to a curious toddler who has discovered the HR92 knob and button, I can no longer adjust the living room temperature from my phone as an alternative which means a trek to the main controller...so hopefully this will be fixed sometime soon.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

I find it is not just temporary overrides where the problem arises but also if you try to change settings in the schedule for a zone. The app boots you out.

Comment

• WiteWulf
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Mar 2016

Yes, seeing the same issue here on an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2.1 and the latest version of the app. Particularly noticeable when setting temporary overrides.

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

The IOS app seems to have developed another bug. The first one was that you could not get set a temporary override. I notice now that in addition I cannot access any set schedules for any zone using the app and also that when I try to set a temporary override it hangs and I cannot exit the app.

Comment

• Rameses
                            Industry Expert
                            • Nov 2014

Mmm working for me (iphone 6 latest OS) version 4.4. of. Just tested both. (ipad as well)

I have passed onto team
                            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• G4RHL
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                              Mmm working for me (iphone 6 latest OS) version 4.4. of. Just tested both. (ipad as well)

I have passed onto team
                              Thanks, it just don't work for me and I am on the same version. Eventually I get a message saying "Schedule not available".

Comment

Working...
                              X