Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clock change (daylight saving) on Evotouch

Automated Home Guru

Default Clock change (daylight saving) on Evotouch

I am a newbie to Evohome and so this weekend was my first clock change since installation. I had expected the system to adjust itself for the change from GMT to BST on Sunday morning, but that did not happen. I let it run until midnight Sun/Mon to see if that would trigger an update but this morning (Monday) nothing had changed. So I went into the "Settings" - "Device Settings" - "Date & Time", turned off the "Auto" update, manually corrected the time, and reset it to "Auto" again. However, a few hours later, I noticed that my Evotouch had reverted to GMT and gone back an hour to 'old time'.

I have just corrected it again and will wait to see if that change sticks. However, I am certain that when I used this screen earlier, it showed, as the top left option box, "Daylight saving" with the toggle switch Off and On. Now it shows "Auto-update (Wi-Fi)" with the toggle switch. Has anyone else noticed a change in that screen? Does everyone else's screen look like the attached screenshot?

While I have been typing this, I see that my Evotouch has just set itself back to GMT again. Any advice on where it is getting its clock signal from and what I might be doing wrong? (My router and all other network devices on my home network have the correct BST time.)
    20170327_094112_comp.jpg

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh2000 View Post
    I am a newbie to Evohome and so this weekend was my first clock change since installation. I had expected the system to adjust itself for the change from GMT to BST on Sunday morning, but that did not happen. I let it run until midnight Sun/Mon to see if that would trigger an update but this morning (Monday) nothing had changed. So I went into the "Settings" - "Device Settings" - "Date & Time", turned off the "Auto" update, manually corrected the time, and reset it to "Auto" again. However, a few hours later, I noticed that my Evotouch had reverted to GMT and gone back an hour to 'old time'.

I have just corrected it again and will wait to see if that change sticks. However, I am certain that when I used this screen earlier, it showed, as the top left option box, "Daylight saving" with the toggle switch Off and On. Now it shows "Auto-update (Wi-Fi)" with the toggle switch. Has anyone else noticed a change in that screen? Does everyone else's screen look like the attached screenshot?

While I have been typing this, I see that my Evotouch has just set itself back to GMT again. Any advice on where it is getting its clock signal from and what I might be doing wrong? (My router and all other network devices on my home network have the correct BST time.)
    20170327_094112_comp.jpg
    This hasn't been an issue for me with either the gateway'ed or wifi controllers. My controller screen is identical to what you have set on your controller. I have the latest firmware installed on my controller.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh2000 View Post
    20170327_094112_comp.jpg
    I have just come here to ask.

I have two controllers (because one cannot cover all radiators) one of them has auto updated, the other has not. They both have the same settings. Auto update (WiFi) is a bit suspicious, they are connected to different wireless access points I wonder if that has any bearing, or it is just shorthand for getting the time via the internet connection. I am going to try resetting the controller by taking the batteries out when I get home, I'll let you know how it goes.

--
    John Cooper

Automated Home Guru

...........and just to reassure me that I am not going mad, I have now seen again the screen showing "Daylight Saving" instead of "Auto-update (WiFi)". Screenshot attached. I am using Application Software Version 01.00.03.00 and WiFi Software Version 01.00.02.00. Anyone else seen this screen? And do I have the latest software versions?
    20170327_113235_comp.jpg

Automated Home Legend

I think that you have somehow defaulted to the manual screen. My screen is as per your screenshot in your original post. I am reluctant to fiddle too much, as I have had an instance of the time stopping in the controller which, Evohome, say should not be an issue with the software 01.00.03.00.
    Last edited by HenGus; 27th March 2017 at 01:55 PM.

Automated Home Lurker

Mine did exactly the same thing. I've now switched off the auto update function.

Automated Home Jr Member WiteWulf's Avatar

Seeing the same thing here: Evotouch on application sw 1.00.02.01, when set to autoupdate it's not adjusting to BST (cold house on Sunday morning id not go down well with the OH!). I can set the time to manual and override it but find the clock drifts quite badly. Is there any way of getting the device updated to 1.00.03?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by WiteWulf View Post
    Seeing the same thing here: Evotouch on application sw 1.00.02.01, when set to autoupdate it's not adjusting to BST (cold house on Sunday morning id not go down well with the OH!). I can set the time to manual and override it but find the clock drifts quite badly. Is there any way of getting the device updated to 1.00.03?
    You will need to contact Evohome Technical Support with details of your problem. They may just push the firmware update to your device. That said, it would seem that the new firmware is no guarantee that the problem will be solved.

Automated Home Lurker

I'm already on 01.00.03.00. Auto update is working, it automatically updates the time.... to GMT ... it just doesn't understand BST! Strange that it appears to be working for some people.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by zoometra View Post
    I'm already on 01.00.03.00. Auto update is working, it automatically updates the time.... to GMT ... it just doesn't understand BST! Strange that it appears to be working for some people.
    Do you people with problems have your time zone and location set correctly in your account in the total connect portal ?

Also do you have the Wifi controller or the older model ?

Pretty sure my Wifi controller adjusted correctly for BST - at least I didn't notice any cold house this morning! I'll check on the controller tonight to be sure. And I'm not on 01.00.03.00, I'm still on 01.00.02.00.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 27th March 2017 at 04:02 PM.