Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clock change (daylight saving) on Evotouch

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooper View Post

Looks like the later firmware is faulty.
    --
    John Cooper
    I have had two time changes on the wifi controller- one with the original firmware and one with the new firmware and there haven't been any issues. This is one for the guys at Honeywell to investigate.

Automated Home Legend

The only acknowledged change in the new 03 firmware is additional European country/language support.

So I'm not sure why we're all assuming it might have some bearing on a time related bug.

If it also fixes any bugs they're sure not talking about it.

Automated Home Guru

Default A workaround

A workaround that I have applied is to go into the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort website and edit my "Location", setting the Timezone to "(UTC+01:00) West Central Africa". I think that is a timezone that does not observe DST and so is always UTC+1. That seems to have worked for me. The hour offset for overrides between my Evotouch and the web app has disappeared. Of course, we will need to remember to change this come the reversion to GMT in the autumn. But, for now, that seems to do the trick.

Automated Home Lurker

I had this too (on the 03 firmware) - did the manual/update time/set back to auto-update dance a couple of times, and it seems to have stayed on BST for a bit now...

Automated Home Legend

As far as the differences in wifi firmware are concerned, Honeywell did push the 03 firmware to my device when I reported a stuck clock on my Evotouch. I have also found Honeywell to be a first-class company to deal with, and I cannot believe that they would just push the new firmware to my device to keep me quiet. As I said earlier, this is one for Honeywell to give a view on.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh2000 View Post
    A workaround that I have applied is to go into the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort website and edit my "Location", setting the Timezone to "(UTC+01:00) West Central Africa". I think that is a timezone that does not observe DST and so is always UTC+1. That seems to have worked for me. The hour offset for overrides between my Evotouch and the web app has disappeared. Of course, we will need to remember to change this come the reversion to GMT in the autumn. But, for now, that seems to do the trick.
    This is not an option for me, both controllers are on the same account...

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    The only acknowledged change in the new 03 firmware is additional European country/language support.

So I'm not sure why we're all assuming it might have some bearing on a time related bug.

If it also fixes any bugs they're sure not talking about it.
    It was my assumption, based on my two. I asked if anyone else had seen the pattern, and if seems that this is not the correlation.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooper View Post
    This is not an option for me, both controllers are on the same account...
    But that would not stop you moving it to West Africa. Both would be on UTC+1, which is what you need?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh2000 View Post
    But that would not stop you moving it to West Africa. Both would be on UTC+1, which is what you need?
    Of course.

Said that without looking. Time zone is not per account in any case, I can have the controllers in different time zones.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Automated Home Lurker

I have the same problem - firmware 1.00.03.00 and WiFi 01.00.02.00. As far as I can see from my router logs, there is no direct attempt to connect to an NTP server, and the rest of my home network is showing the correct time, so I think the time is being taken from a Honeywell server which has the wrong configuration for the GMT timezone. This should say what offset to apply for DST and when. From an earlier comment, it looks as though the 'when' part is mis-configured for the UK. I have copied this post to Honeywell support and hopefully they will fix quickly. In the meantime, sticking with manual time setting on controller!!