Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Evohome WiFi firmware update - is it ever going to happen?

Automated Home Legend

No update here yet, still on Application Software Version 01.00.02.01 and WiFi Software Version 01.00.02.00.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I was reliably informed that a firmware update was to be expected shortly. Glad to see it happening. Would love to know what has been fixed. Apparently no new features in this update. Only bug fixes.
    Yay, bug fixes. No doubt with no release notes to say what was fixed either. Disappointing if true when there are certain features that are desperately needed and wouldn't be that difficult to implement.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    certain features that are desperately needed and wouldn't be that difficult to implement.
    Everyone screams "Zones calling for heat. And optimisation control at zone level, like it used to be."

That's pretty much it, isn't it? ;-)

Automated Home Guru

I can monitor the neighbours gas consumption by reading their external meter which faces mine. The meters are a few metres apart so easily done. One thing I've learnt is they use ~20% electricity than us especially the quiescent power consumption which is 100watts but ours is 191watts and that makes a big difference over a year and that's with every device being AAA+ rated. The sky boxes are the offenders as they take 26watts in standby and we have 3 so that accounts for the majority of the difference. That reminds me every time the boiler is serviced it is adjusted to maximum power output to get minimum emissions but that tends to make the boiler cycle so I'll turn the power down tonight. Eventually I hope Evohome will have more boiler control than a simple on/off. British Gas have twice given us a quote for a new boiler but the efficiency difference was not enough for them to enable fitting through their systems. 82% is the current boiler efficiency but now I'm wondering if Evohome would make a system efficiency improvement that may sway the balance, but that's wishful thinking as their systems aren't smart enough yet to incorporate systems like Evohome in their assessments.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Everyone screams "Zones calling for heat. And optimisation control at zone level, like it used to be."

That's pretty much it, isn't it? ;-)
    Those would do for me and surely they must be really easy to implement especially which zone is calling for heat - and that's where I get confused because why not implement the quick easy wins and get improved customer satisfaction, but maybe their product diversity and cross dependencies are so great it's not that easy to do after all.

Automated Home Legend

Not reached this part of the country yet.

Automated Home Jr Member

I agree. My evohome controller has upgraded to:

App 01.00.07.01
    WiFi 01.00.06.10

Regards,

Alan.

Automated Home Guru

Maybe that would explain why I came downstairs to my controller looking like it was freshly installed yesterday morning. Had to go through initial menu screens and then it wanted to resetup the WiFi connection. It couldn't find my WiFi SSID, or anything else, even though it's sat just below the access point. I even checked and the access point was on channel 11, so none of the channel 13 problems.

Still haven't managed to get it connected back to the WiFi again.

Roy.

Automated Home Guru

Can you check both App and Wifi versions on your controller?

You should be able to check the firmware version by doing a quick tap on 'settings' on the evohome main screen followed by a long tap (around 20s) on 'device settings'.

There is an hour or so gap between Wifi (1st upgrade in sequence) then App (2nd upgrade in sequence) firmware upgrades.

Doesn't seem right to lose config however.
    Last edited by StephenC; 13th April 2017 at 09:49 AM.

Automated Home Lurker

Also noticed version number changes, now at
    App 01.00.07.01
    WiFi 01.00.06.10
    - No loss of configuration

Automated Home Legend

I'm in the UK. Am I right assuming that this upgrade is not happening in U.K. although I see a Glasgow user reports a change.

I'm on

Application Software 01.00.02.01
    Wifi Software 01.00.02.00