Evohome WiFi firmware update - is it ever going to happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by g6ejd View Post
    IN the last few days my controller has been updated, now at:
    App 01.00.07.01
    WiFi 01.00.06.10
    No loss of configuration or operating perturbations obvious - I wonder what changed and why? May never know ...
    Still nothing here. Looks like I'm going to be last!

Comment

• dty
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Aug 2016

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
      I seem to have lost that loving feeling.... No updates for me. Then again, having a surname with a capital letter towards the end of the alphabet meant that I always got the blunt needle when injections were carried out at school (it was many decades ago).
      I'm a "Y" and I've got it. You're being victimised for a different reason!

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

I'm an L and certainly don't have!

Comment

• rcopus
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2014

I have the update too.

I still experience the boiler running or being started well after I have turned the heating off though.
          Would be nice if one day it could be fixed so that turning off the heating actually turned off the heating with some haste!

Comment

• JCK
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Dec 2015

My controller did not seem to be getting updated so emailed Honeywell support for the from the Total connect web page , and gave them my:
            a) email address ,
            b) Evohome controller MAC Code and CRC codes (get them from the controller Wifi settings)

My controller was then updated in a few hours.

Comment

• roydonaldson
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2013

Yes, it's Meraki I use in the house just now. Used to use Cisco 3702 AP's, but moved to the Meraki's just recently. Turned off band-steering and all fine now. The band steering does seem different between the autonomous 3702 and the MR32's. Just put up a new SSID just for the EvoHome and it's all fine now.

Roy

Comment

• IM35461
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Jan 2012

No functional change with my one...

However, when you remove it from the cradle it shows the battery level at 50% as before it always showed 100% and unit is only about five weeks old.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by IM35461 View Post
                  However, when you remove it from the cradle it shows the battery level at 50% as before it always showed 100% and unit is only about five weeks old.
                  Not seeing that here - stays at 100%.

Try wiggling your batteries.

P.

Comment

• IM35461
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Jan 2012

Just to see how long it goes on battery alone I have undocked my one.

For over 5 hours it was happy still showing 50% then it started the slow beep.

Two hours later it started a double beep and now shows on the screen

2017-04-15 21.32.33.jpg

I shall wait till it dies and re-dock and see how it gets on...

Comment

• IM35461
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Jan 2012

Just to see how long it goes on battery alone I have undocked my one.

For over 5 hours it was happy still showing 50% then it started the slow beep.

Two hours later it started a double beep and now shows on the screen

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1009[/ATTACH]

I shall wait till it dies and re-dock and see how it gets on...
                      I waited till I got the automated email, took a battery out, put it back and refitted the unit to the dock.

I then got the system up email.

This morning at 08:30 it was still showing the charging icon but after 10:00 that had gone and when removed from the cradle it shows full battery.

I suspect the update confused what it thought the battery charge level was.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

I suspect the update confused what it thought the battery charge level was.
                        Or more likely it could be the infamous charging bug that causes the unit to let the battery run down to at least 50% without recharging it even when it is on the dock. When it gets into this state it will show about half battery when you remove it from the dock but will not charge (no lightning bolt symbol) when you dock it.

I've had this happen 3 times in the 1 1/2 years I've had mine, the only reliable way I've found to trick it into charging again is to:

Remove it from the dock, and remove one battery so it shuts right down. Sit it on the dock with the battery still missing so it boots up only from mains power. Wait until it is fully booted and a cross appears on the battery icon to indicate the battery is missing. Put the battery back in and refit the cover. The lightning bolt symbol should now appear indicating that it is charging. Do not remove it from the dock again until it has finished charging, (lightning bolt symbol disappears) which can take over 6 hours.

There's a couple of threads where this problem has been discussed at length. It will be interesting to see if the update actually fixes it, but as it is such an unpredictable and infrequent problem (3 times in 1 1/2 years for me, and some people have never seen it) it would be hard to prove that it is actually fixed...
                        Last edited by DBMandrake; 18 April 2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Sep 2014

That's mine updated itself to the latest firmware.

I got home about 6:15 and all the zones except the one using the Evotouch as sensor showed hourglasses, which is a dead giveaway that the device had rebooted within the last 30 minutes and probably just a few minutes before I got home. I checked the version and sure enough it has updated both wifi and application versions.

No obvious changes in the UI, but I'll keep an eye on it to see if any of the known bugs or quirks have been fixed or whether there is any subtle behavioural changes...

No problem with the battery charge indication or loss of wifi here, so a seemingly smooth update process.

Anyone from Honeywell want to tell us what has changed in this update (even if only bug fixes) or point us at a changelog ? Or is it a hidden treasure hunt for us to figured out what changed.
                          Last edited by DBMandrake; 19 April 2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• HenGus
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • May 2014

And me. Went to bed with 50% hourglasses showing on the controller. Everything fine this morning.

Comment

• Rameses
                              Industry Expert
                              • Nov 2014

Highlights - mainly maintenance stuff.

01.00.06.10 A Wi-Fi firmware that fixes a bug preventing some units reporting their current firmware versions back up to the servers.
                              01.00.07.01 A Main (UI) firmware update that fixes the HR92EE Eastern European language bug and removes a ‘ghost setpoint’ bug.
                              This applies to all evoWifi versions, ATC928G3xxx, ATP921R3xxx, ATP951M3xxx, ATP924G3xxx, ATP954M3xxx, and THR99C3xxx
                              This does not apply to the old EvoColour (2000 series) which uses the RFG100 gateway. (as wasnt extended/sold to those regions)
                              getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• G4RHL
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jan 2015

I have been updated. No idea when. Sometime in the last couple of days. All works.

Comment

Working...
                                X