Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Evohome WiFi firmware update - is it ever going to happen?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IM35461 View Post
    I suspect the update confused what it thought the battery charge level was.
    Or more likely it could be the infamous charging bug that causes the unit to let the battery run down to at least 50% without recharging it even when it is on the dock. When it gets into this state it will show about half battery when you remove it from the dock but will not charge (no lightning bolt symbol) when you dock it.

I've had this happen 3 times in the 1 1/2 years I've had mine, the only reliable way I've found to trick it into charging again is to:

Remove it from the dock, and remove one battery so it shuts right down. Sit it on the dock with the battery still missing so it boots up only from mains power. Wait until it is fully booted and a cross appears on the battery icon to indicate the battery is missing. Put the battery back in and refit the cover. The lightning bolt symbol should now appear indicating that it is charging. Do not remove it from the dock again until it has finished charging, (lightning bolt symbol disappears) which can take over 6 hours.

There's a couple of threads where this problem has been discussed at length. It will be interesting to see if the update actually fixes it, but as it is such an unpredictable and infrequent problem (3 times in 1 1/2 years for me, and some people have never seen it) it would be hard to prove that it is actually fixed...
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 18th April 2017 at 11:05 AM.

Automated Home Legend

That's mine updated itself to the latest firmware.

I got home about 6:15 and all the zones except the one using the Evotouch as sensor showed hourglasses, which is a dead giveaway that the device had rebooted within the last 30 minutes and probably just a few minutes before I got home. I checked the version and sure enough it has updated both wifi and application versions.

No obvious changes in the UI, but I'll keep an eye on it to see if any of the known bugs or quirks have been fixed or whether there is any subtle behavioural changes...

No problem with the battery charge indication or loss of wifi here, so a seemingly smooth update process.

Anyone from Honeywell want to tell us what has changed in this update (even if only bug fixes) or point us at a changelog ? Or is it a hidden treasure hunt for us to figured out what changed.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 19th April 2017 at 07:48 PM.

Automated Home Legend

And me. Went to bed with 50% hourglasses showing on the controller. Everything fine this morning.

Highlights - mainly maintenance stuff.

01.00.06.10 A Wi-Fi firmware that fixes a bug preventing some units reporting their current firmware versions back up to the servers.
    01.00.07.01 A Main (UI) firmware update that fixes the HR92EE Eastern European language bug and removes a ‘ghost setpoint’ bug.
    This applies to all evoWifi versions, ATC928G3xxx, ATP921R3xxx, ATP951M3xxx, ATP924G3xxx, ATP954M3xxx, and THR99C3xxx
    This does not apply to the old EvoColour (2000 series) which uses the RFG100 gateway. (as wasnt extended/sold to those regions)
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

I have been updated. No idea when. Sometime in the last couple of days. All works.

Automated Home Legend

Thanks for the Changelog for the last version. Any chance we can get them for the previous versions too? Because clearly things have changed even though the previous firmware versions weren't pushed out to us.

Automated Home Legend

Just had my first issue with the new firmware. As I was walking out, I pushed the Economy QA button on the controller. All but one zone reacted properly. It took Economy Off, wait, Economy On, wait, Economy Off, wait, Economy On to resolve the issue.

Automated Home Legend

That's not a new bug. I have had that happen before. In fact it happens on several Quick Actions. Haven't seen it affect Heating Off though (thank goodness).

We have no recorded 'bug' like these please log a call & provide more details. Not enough data to react to this (Just tried 3 units, varying configs, various QAs and all perform as expected)
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    We have no recorded 'bug' like these please log a call & provide more details. Not enough data to react to this (Just tried 3 units, varying configs, various QAs and all perform as expected)
    I am not sure that one event is worthy of anything other than 'noted'. It happened on the one zone out of 12 that was in Optimum Stop mode. The set temperature failed to drop by 3 degrees. I have a bigger problem at the moment; I cannot get the TCC webpage page to show anything other than a constantly loading symbol.
    Last edited by HenGus; 22nd April 2017 at 09:52 AM.