Google Home and evohome Wifi controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joolscog
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2016

Google Home and evohome Wifi controller?

Google Home will be available in the UK from 6th April 2017 and Google state that the Home device is compatible with (some) Honeywell thermostats... namely the "Total Connect Comfort thermostats (according to the Google Home Support page here)

Does anyone know whether this means that it will be compatible with the evohome WiFi Connected Controller (ATC928G3000)?

(Or will we have to cross our fingers and hope that there's an update coming to make it work with the evohome WiFi controller?)

Thanks.
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

My money is on, it will be supported. Evohome is Honeywell's flagship home thermostat.

Comment

• Rameses
      Industry Expert
      • Nov 2014

This is in the works - Google are testing right now. This is with Google.
      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• mamoulian
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Dec 2014

Is this still being tested? I see US TCC listed but not UK. It's getting cold now so this would be useful :-)

Comment

• steve.v1@gmail.com
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jun 2017

@Rameses Do you have an update on this? I was really hoping that I would be able to control my heating either via Smartthings or Google home. But so far I am put of luck for both

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Its nearly there - we had some issues where Google couldn't handle our definition of 'off' vs their definition - along with the fact we came close to publishing, then they moved to their newer platform. I am told we are in the final straight and there have been some minor Q's in last few days - but we are over the hump. But the ball is in their court so we are waiting for them.
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• linus1412
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Dec 2017

Hi @Rameses

Did this support for evohome get anywhere?

Martin

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
              Its nearly there - we had some issues where Google couldn't handle our definition of 'off' vs their definition - along with the fact we came close to publishing, then they moved to their newer platform. I am told we are in the final straight and there have been some minor Q's in last few days - but we are over the hump. But the ball is in their court so we are waiting for them.

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

Good news - literally yesterday - we were asked by Google for the icon to display in the skills (or whatever they call it) - so looks like we passed and they have done all their stuff

Once we provide logo/image - then I think we just get published.

Standby

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

Any news on SmartThings? Or shouldn't I ask?

Comment

• MrBoy
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • May 2017

I'm interested as a developer myself, how do Alexa and Google get access to your Evo system? Do they use the same API the homebrew developers do, or a super-secret one? Is their QC process for a "skill" just testing your API works and slapping an icon on it?

Comment

• mamoulian
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                      Good news - literally yesterday - we were asked by Google for the icon to display in the skills (or whatever they call it) - so looks like we passed and they have done all their stuff

Once we provide logo/image - then I think we just get published.

Standby
                      It's available!!

I can't find the wording for setting a time - neither 'for x hours' or 'until x o'clock' work.

I'm curious... how has the US service been available for so long given the Google incompatibilities that have had to be worked on?

Comment

• MrBoy
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • May 2017

I fumbled my way into enabling this but have no idea what commands it supports. Are these things not supposed to be publicised as part of the 'skill'.

Does this mean I can now setup custom actions (scenes?) Using IFTTT without needing homebrew software? E.g "bath" which automatically ensures the bathroom heating is on the next 90 minutes, and notifies me when the room is up to a certain temperature?

Comment

• mamoulian
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Dec 2014

I've been guessing. 'What's the temperature in the living room', 'set the temperature in the living room to 20'.

This update is for Google-Evohome and makes no difference to IFTTT, you could already do that. Except for the notification bit, I don't know of a way to do that with GH or IFTTT.

Comment

• MrBoy
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • May 2017

Hmm I didn't know they'd opened up an API to IFTTT though I see examples online... But again they don't seem to go out of their way to make documentation obvious... Is IFTTT using the same developer API the homebrew guys do?

I cannot get anything to work using Google assistant even though I have linked accounts and setup linked rooms in Google matching my zone names. Nothing did anything, just googled "what is the temperature in bedroom" for me.

Comment

• MrBoy
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • May 2017

Confusingly I can try to link with Honeywell, total connect comfort US or total connect comfort international when searching for Honeywell from Google assistant. Honeywell days I have no compatible devices, TCC I already signed up with but get an error clicking on.

Comment

Working...
                              X