Google Home and evohome Wifi controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mamoulian
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2014

No idea about documentation. As soon as I got Evohome I went clicking around in IFTTT and there it was. Probably the same API but official as Honeywell will have built the IFTTT integration.

If you're in the UK you want the international one. The US one shouldn't log in. International works fine for me. If you haven't got that linking working then the commands won't work, unlink and retry.

Comment

• MrBoy
      Automated Home Guru
      • May 2017

It claims to be working and I can see the list of zones in Google... It asks me to link them with rooms. Each has a little thermometer icon.

But when in the Assistant I search Honeywell and see Honeywell and the two TCC options, TCC gives a failure when I click on it. Maybe unrelated... I'll be adding more zones this week then I'll try properly.

Voice control is of little use to me but a way to customise my interface and create some shortcuts, and avoid loading the TCC app which is quite slow, would all be nice.

Comment

• mamoulian
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
        But when in the Assistant I search Honeywell and see Honeywell and the two TCC options,
        I don't get what you mean. If I say 'Honeywell' to the assistant it tells me about the company and offers me their stock price etc.

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
        Voice control is of little use to me but a way to customise my interface and create some shortcuts, and avoid loading the TCC app which is quite slow, would all be nice.
        Google Assistant doesn't offer an interface other than voice or typing.
        IFTTT can create 'Do button' widgets.

Comment

• MrBoy
          Automated Home Guru
          • May 2017

Originally posted by mamoulian View Post
          I don't get what you mean. If I say 'Honeywell' to the assistant it tells me about the company and offers me their stock price etc.
          Aha that's what that service does for me too.

Google Assistant doesn't offer an interface other than voice or typing.
          IFTTT can create 'Do button' widgets.
          Great, thanks. I just created a test one "I need to work for # hours" which makes sure the heating in my office is on. I need to read about quick actions to see if they let me do this stuff better... e.g. "I've finished working" should ideally not hard-code a temperature or time but cancel the override, or set my standard "not working schedule temp" until the next setpoint.

I also need to read about IFTTT if it can pass my input variables into some other logic e.g. "I need to work for 3 hours" would actually turn the heating on for 2.5 hours or something. And if I can have stateful-applets e.g. "Turn on the heating in room X and tell me when the temperature reaches Y" - I only want the notification if I give an instruction, not just every time the temperature reaches a certain point.
          Having said that, here it suggests there are no ways to READ from my system at all, only control it https://ifttt.com/honeywell_evohome. Is that really the case?

Comment

• mamoulian
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Dec 2014

That is true.

If you want notifications you could write scripts in something like HASS but you'll need to run that on a machine 24/7. It could handle your complex 3->2.5 logic too.

Comment

• rvb99
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Oct 2017

I set up Google assistant ok and it works for me, although i find the voice recognition pretty rubbish. It seems we are going to have to change the names of two of our kids so that we can control their room temperatures 😂

On the uk version of Assistant it seems you can’t customise expressions or words for improved recognition.

Comment

• mamoulian
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by rvb99 View Post
                On the uk version of Assistant it seems you can’t customise expressions or words for improved recognition.
                More settings -> shortcuts near the bottom.

Comment

• rvb99
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by mamoulian View Post
                  More settings -> shortcuts near the bottom.
                  I don’t see those on the IOS version of Google Assistant.

Comment

Working...
                  X