• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Git
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2017

Evohome Controller: Power supply adapter just died

Have been getting notifications from the Evohome system that the controller has lost contact, after a bit of investigation I've discovered that it's the Power Supply Adapter. It has died and is no longer providing power to the controller, as a consequence it's not keeping a charge. I've proven that its the PSU adapter by replacing it with aa friends so pretty certain of the reason for the failure. This system is about six months old and there are no obvious reasons for why it should have died. it can't have been a power surge as their are several other discrete electronic devices on the same circuit none of which has been affected. So, my question is, is this a known problem with these controllers?

Pete
  • dty
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Aug 2016

I've not heard of any other problems. You probably were just unlucky. I'd call Honeywell support if I were you. They seem to be pretty good.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Surely at 6 months it is still under warranty ? Just give the supplier you bought it from a call and get it replaced under warranty. No other reports of a failed power adaptor that I can remember on here so you're just unlucky.

Comment

• Old Git
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2017

Thanks for the speedy replies chaps, I shall take it up with the supplier first and see where it goes from there. In the mean time I have sourced a second adapter from the local hardware shop, one of those multi-adapters which can be set to multiple voltages and comes with a plethora of device end connectors to allow it to connect with just about everything. It seems to be doing the job OK and keeping it charged but, for obvious reasons, I'd prefer this to be only a temporary measure and to source a Honeywell PSU adapter to replace the dead one! A strange thing to happen though, if it had been a power surge and there was a smell of burning ot scorch marks I'd have understood but to just give up and die quietly like that made we wonder if it was a known issue. Ah well, ever onwards and upwards!

Pete

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Honeywell had PSU issues with the RFG100 and that too would make the lights come on but was power degraded. Honeywell changed the PSU under warranty without a problem.

Comment

Working...
          X