• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Conrad Connect now supports Evohome

Thought I'd let people know that Conrad Connect now has working Evohome integration:

This is a service similar to IFTTT but seems to be a bit more flexible. In particular when you link it to your Evohome account you can relatively easily set up temperature gauges and graphing of your room temperatures and set points, which is an often asked for feature that Honeywell still haven't provided.

Unfortunately it appears to use the V2 API which means all temperatures are biased towards the setpoints and rounded to the nearest 0.5 degrees, but it is better than nothing for someone who just wants to graph their temperatures or set points without a lot of complicated or time consuming setup, as it only took me about 15 minutes to set it up to my satisfaction, which included renaming the wording of the zones, moving their orders around, setting the graph limits etc. So definitely worth checking out.

It allows you to set up IFTTT style automation actions and integrates with others services such as Alexa, however, it appears that the conrad connect skill is not yet in the UK Alexa skill store (?) and only in the German one, which is a little disappointing. Hopefully the Alexa skill will appear in the UK store soon as it may be a better integration platform than IFTTT between Alexa and Evohome.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 21 April 2017, 10:50 AM.
  • chrisgare
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2013

Simon, can you provide a short 101 on how to set this up to display temperatures as graphs as I seem to be going around in circles! I've authenticated Evohome OK. Ta
    Last edited by chrisgare; 21 April 2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Choose one of the dashboards, then click the big plus in the bottom right, choose Honeywell.

This will give a list of zones with a separate entry for set points and measured temperatures. For the ones you want, select Thermometer and/or Time Series Chart. After choosing your selection press the X close button and they should appear on the dashboard.

You can only put a certain number of items per dashboard but you can have multiple dashboards. I have one dashboard with Thermometers and the second with graphs.

For each thermometer or time series graph you can click the gear icon to edit the name, set the minimum and maximum range and in the graphs choose a small or large graph.

Items on the dashboards can be dragged around to re-order them like windows. You can also create action recipes from each thermometer or graph, but I haven't tried that as I don't have any other integrations set up apart from Evohome at the moment.

Hope that helps.
      Last edited by DBMandrake; 21 April 2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• chrisgare
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2013

Got it! Thanks for the guidance.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Any screenshots of the dashboard you have set up?

Comment

• chrisgare
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2013

Here is what I did in two minutes after I found which button to press!

temp.jpg

Comment

• chrisgare
              Automated Home Guru
              • Dec 2013

Is it just me or is Conrad as of today recording zone temperatures at 0.1 degree resolution rather 0.5 degrees?

Also, saw some big erroneous blips in the graph in all zones at 03:54 and 14:05 today.

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2016

I have seen some strange things in Conrad too. I took this screenshot on 29 April.

Conrad 2017-04-29 v2.jpg

Like you, I noticed that the recorded actual temperatures are now shown to higher resolution (0.01 degrees in my case). I also have some spikes in the traces of the actual temperatures which I cannot explain. The target temperatures appear not to have been recorded for a few hours on 29 April, leading to the strange averaged figures in the lower graphs. (The actual temps in the top graphs are shown for one day only, to show the spikes. The target temperatures in the bottom graphs are for the whole week to show the difference on 29 April compared with previous days.) The skipped data for the target temperatures is still happening today. It can go several hours without updating the target graph with a new data point. The second screenshot here is from today. The target temperatures look odd because the plotted points are now averaging data from the few data points Conrad receives over a long period. I have not changed my schedules from April. The targets for today should look the same as previous days.

Conrad 2017-05-01 v2.jpg
                Last edited by Edinburgh2000; 1 May 2017, 06:37 PM. Reason: Graphs cropped

Comment

• DBMandrake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Sep 2014

I notice the same thing - increased temperature resolution, but some unusually long times between sampling sometimes. When I first set it up when I started this thread the sample time of the graphs appeared to be every 15 minutes, but today there are periods of over half an hour between updates, conversely it is showing readings as often as every 2 minutes when the temperature rise is rapid - whether that is real readings or interpolation I don't know.

But it definitely looks like they have been making changes, and possibly experienced some problems in the process. I just checked with my Python scripts and the Honeywell V2 API (used by the TCC smart phone app) still rounds to 0.5 degrees, so conrad connect must have either switched to using the V1 API (which I use for my own graphs with Domoticz/Munin) or they are using some other API that is not publicly known.

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Dec 2016

It appears that Conrad has reverted to the previous configuration. My dashboard is now back to a resolution of 0.5oC and the graphs have been receiving four data points per hour since about 1230 today (3 May).

As an aside, what is Conrad Connect's business model? How does it make any money from this service and pay its developers? It feels churlish to be on the forum moaning about shortcomings in the Conrad application when we are not paying anything for it, or likely to buy any hardware from them. It is a really useful application for those of us who do not have the HGI80 hardware or the scripting expertise to use Domoticz and I am grateful to DBM for alerting this forum to its existence. Still seems too good to be true that it is free though!

Comment

• chrisgare
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Dec 2013

Yes, mine dropped back down to a lower resolution. The readings at the higher resolution were unreliable and suffered from quite a few multi-zone discontinuities - one them put my living room zone up to 34 degrees!

I'm not moaning too much as it's free, however like an electricity monitor, once you understand what the daily patterns are, the graphs usefullness decreases substantially.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

Anyone still using this ?

I'm not really using it but I logged into mine for the first time in over a month and I am confronted with a page full of graphs that just say "No Data", and "Never" as the last data update, so apparently it has lost the connection to Honeywell...

Anyone else notice this ? A work college who has Conrad Connect connected to his Tado system is still seeing graph data as normal.

Comment

• chrisgare
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Dec 2013

I went there a couple of weeks ago and found all my graphs had disappeared. Before that resolution increased with some major discontinuities and then they dropped the resolution back down. I haven't been back since. Chris

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Dec 2016

Conrad changed all the graphics at the end of June and the new version does look better. But it appears that they discarded all the data at the same time and started again from scratch. Here is a screenshot of my setup. The earliest data is from 29 June, with a gap over the weekend of 1-2 July, and the data capture started again from Monday 3 July.

Conrad 2017-07-11 v2.jpg

Comment

• chrisgare
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Dec 2013

I've had to reconnect to Honeywell and all the graphs came back - without data.

Comment

Working...
                              X