X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • g6ejd
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2016

I've made the link to an Economy mode issue because if I switch it off there are no problems. I agree with your analysis. I have narrowered it down to sometime between 2100 and 2300 the former is when the HW schedule turns it off and 2300 when the HTG goes off. At 0600 the link and display returns to normal and the water heated up normally to its target temperature of 55°C. There are no log entries for communications lost on the Evohome. In normal mode there is no lost in control signals but maybe in Eco mode the time between transmission updates is extended for all sensors as you describe thereby exposing a link issue. The CS92 is 500mm from any BDR91 and both BDR91's are separated by 500mm. The CS92 is 1.5M from the Evohome. There is some correlation between normal (no errors) and Eco (errors). I'll reduce all the zone temperatures by 3°C in normal mode to simulate Eco mode and see how it goes.
    Last edited by g6ejd; 11 May 2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• CT1
      Automated Home Guru
      • Apr 2016

Tuesday night the heating in the bedroom unexpectedly turned on without any scheduled set point or override (asleep at the time). Woke up feeling hot and found radiator on and Evohome indicating that an override was active. Unless I have started to sleep walk or have acquired a poltergeist, it looks as if Evohome spontaneously set an override.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by CT1 View Post
        Tuesday night the heating in the bedroom unexpectedly turned on without any scheduled set point or override (asleep at the time). Woke up feeling hot and found radiator on and Evohome indicating that an override was active. Unless I have started to sleep walk or have acquired a poltergeist, it looks as if Evohome spontaneously set an override.
        Sounds a bit like this:

Do you graph your set points ? If so what do you see around that time ?

Comment

• CT1
          Automated Home Guru
          • Apr 2016

My issue was a bit like the other thread but thankfully has only occured once so far. I also use one of the round T87RF wall thermostat and just let the HR92 control the radiator. My installation has also been working okay for months. I thought I had disabled local override when I added the T87RF's to the system, but will check.

I have not set up to graph set points etc. Although I have an engineering and diy background, these days I just want to understand things enough to get them to work properly. Although Evohome is the only system I have found that can give me to individual room control I need, it appears to me to be more of an advanced prototype than a finish consumer product

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by CT1 View Post
            ....it appears to me to be more of an advanced prototype than a finish consumer product
            It's actually a very mature 3rd generation product. Or even 4th, if you count Hometronic, on which it is based.

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

This may not be related but yesterday morning I noticed that my new boiler was ON (with a flame symbol) despite the fact that the CH is set to permanently OFF, and HW was at its set temperature (with the BDR light off). On checking the boiler display, it was showing a flashing radiator symbol which indicates that there is a CH demand. All radiators were cold with a target temperature of 5C. I resolved the problem by turning the heating ON (the radiator symbol stopped flashing), and then I selected OFF again about 30 minutes later.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

OpenTherm or BDR91 ?

Is there any possibility that someone manually turned up an HR92 ? Heating off mode does not prevent this, and also hides the fact that a zone has been turned up as no set points are displayed on the controller. HR92's can still call for heat from the boiler in heating off mode.

If you turned the heating back on for a few minutes then off it would resend a 5 degrees set point to the offending HR92, resetting it back to the 5 degrees you thought it should have been set to.

Comment

• HenGus
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                  OpenTherm or BDR91 ?

Is there any possibility that someone manually turned up an HR92 ? Heating off mode does not prevent this, and also hides the fact that a zone has been turned up as no set points are displayed on the controller. HR92's can still call for heat from the boiler in heating off mode.

If you turned the heating back on for a few minutes then off it would resend a 5 degrees set point to the offending HR92, resetting it back to the 5 degrees you thought it should have been set to.
                  Worth bearing in mind if it happens again - thanks.

Comment

• CT1
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Apr 2016

Another phantom override last night had turned eco mode off about half an hour before and temperature was set to the previous set point. From memory the last time this happened the temperature override was to the previous set point, so sounds like the same problem as Paul. Overrides are disabled at the HR92 so Paul's solution would work in this case. I would prefer to have no local override function than have the risk of phantom actions.

Maybe the current implementation of Evohome is not so much an imature prototype as showing its age and starting to struggle with a new feature. Not the right place to discuss on this thread I guess.

Comment

• Rameses
                      Industry Expert
                      • Nov 2014

Ghost setpoints being fixed in next firmware release. Date TBD. Still being tested.
                      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• CT1
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Apr 2016

Thanks for the heads up Ramases. I have had the problem a couple more times, always affecting the bedroom radiator. Not my first choice of how to get hot in the bedroom.

Comment

Working...
                        X