Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange bug

Automated Home Legend

This may not be related but yesterday morning I noticed that my new boiler was ON (with a flame symbol) despite the fact that the CH is set to permanently OFF, and HW was at its set temperature (with the BDR light off). On checking the boiler display, it was showing a flashing radiator symbol which indicates that there is a CH demand. All radiators were cold with a target temperature of 5C. I resolved the problem by turning the heating ON (the radiator symbol stopped flashing), and then I selected OFF again about 30 minutes later.

Automated Home Legend

OpenTherm or BDR91 ?

Is there any possibility that someone manually turned up an HR92 ? Heating off mode does not prevent this, and also hides the fact that a zone has been turned up as no set points are displayed on the controller. HR92's can still call for heat from the boiler in heating off mode.

If you turned the heating back on for a few minutes then off it would resend a 5 degrees set point to the offending HR92, resetting it back to the 5 degrees you thought it should have been set to.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    OpenTherm or BDR91 ?

Is there any possibility that someone manually turned up an HR92 ? Heating off mode does not prevent this, and also hides the fact that a zone has been turned up as no set points are displayed on the controller. HR92's can still call for heat from the boiler in heating off mode.

If you turned the heating back on for a few minutes then off it would resend a 5 degrees set point to the offending HR92, resetting it back to the 5 degrees you thought it should have been set to.
    Worth bearing in mind if it happens again - thanks.

Automated Home Jr Member

Another phantom override last night had turned eco mode off about half an hour before and temperature was set to the previous set point. From memory the last time this happened the temperature override was to the previous set point, so sounds like the same problem as Paul. Overrides are disabled at the HR92 so Paul's solution would work in this case. I would prefer to have no local override function than have the risk of phantom actions.

Maybe the current implementation of Evohome is not so much an imature prototype as showing its age and starting to struggle with a new feature. Not the right place to discuss on this thread I guess.

Ghost setpoints being fixed in next firmware release. Date TBD. Still being tested.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks for the heads up Ramases. I have had the problem a couple more times, always affecting the bedroom radiator. Not my first choice of how to get hot in the bedroom.