Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Domoticz Evohome HGI80 multi-controller update released

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

On the hardware screen the Controller ID field is blank (if that's what you mean?)

Or if you mean the ID shown on the controller itself, that's 052C74 (01:076916)

Like I said above, with the Stable build I'm sure everything is fine. This only happens with a brand new install of Beta.

P.
    Last edited by paulockenden; 7th June 2017 at 10:36 AM.

Automated Home Legend

For some reason your installation seems to be using a controller ID of 68736172 even though you said you haven't specified one. Hence there are no devices showing up. Try something and add your Controllers Device ID and see if the first message changes to show the code using that. I think the devices will start appearing the moment that ID is specified. There appears to be a bug when none is supplied.

Interesting - when I entered / saved the ID I got "Serial Worker stopped..." and Domoticz locked up.

But you're right - on re-launch that seemed to fix it.

But strange how it still managed to pick up my DHW, even when it had assumed the wrong ID.
    Last edited by paulockenden; 7th June 2017 at 11:14 AM.

Automated Home Legend

I find that Domoticz doesn't respond well to in-flight changes to the Hardware parameters. What I tend to do is Disable the Hardware device, make the changes, Update Hardware and then reenable the hardware.

Just looked at Domoticz for the first time in ages. Either my HGI80 has died or a soon-to-be-released firmware version that I've been testing has changed things enough that HGI80 snooping longer works (which, I suppose, would be sensible given the security implications).

But I suspect it's my HGI80 that's gone west.

P.

Automated Home Guru

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info. Is there any sign of life in the HGI80, is it still recognised as a USB device by Linux/Windows?

It is also possible that the Evohome wifi controller might have its compatibility with the RFG100 gateway removed via a firmware update which would break a lot of the Domoticz functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    Is there any sign of life in the HGI80, is it still recognised as a USB device by Linux/Windows?
    Yup. It just doesn't see any traffic.

But the reason I suspect the HGI80 might be broken is that initially it was just seeing lots of corrupt packets, so I did a complete reinstall of (release) Domoticz and now it doesn't see anything.

I'm going for a full power-cycle of the NAS now....

P.

Automated Home Legend

Is it worth plugging it into a PC and assuming it appears as a serial uart, running a serial comms program with hex display mode ? Or does it need commands first before it starts relaying incoming messages...

Sussed it - it won't work UNLESS you type the device ID into the hardware screen.

Without it, I was seeing nothing. This is on a completely fresh build of Domoticz. But as soon as I type the device ID in and do an update it then starts to see traffic.

So nothing to do with firmware. I think.

Automated Home Guru

Phew! I'm glad you've got it working OK. In theory, Domoticz should have either auto-detected your controller within 5min and then messages should have started flowing or an error should have been reported in the log if it detected multiple Honeywell systems. I've just resumed working on the Evohome Domoticz code so I'll add this to my bug list to investigate.