Thread: Introducing myself

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Lurker intouch-control's Avatar

Default Introducing myself

My first post and wanted to introduce myself. I'm conscious that forums often have a right way and a wrong way of joining the party so I hope this post is received in the way in which I intend it.

My names Chris and I'm a director of a company called Gemco AV Ltd (also known as Gemco Smart Homes), which is partnered with a BMS controls business called Gemco Intelligent Buildings Group Ltd. Collectively we come from a commercial controls background, I myself worked for Trend Controls (now part of Honeywell) for almost 16 years, and 18 months or so ago I started the AV business because I was much more excited by the smart home technology than the solutions we were providing for our commercial projects. Now we are authorised dealers and integrators for some of the biggest brands going, including Trend, Honeywell, Centraline, Crestron, AMX, QMotion, Heatmiser, Sonos etc etc, so we get to work across a very diverse platform of technologies.

We have a separate brand for our smart homes business called intouch-control, and you can check out our website here... http://www.intouch-control.com

The smart homes space is a fascinating one indeed, and I'm very excited to see how rapidly the space is evolving. However, for the average consumer it's certainly a confusing and intimidating place right now as there are so many products, brands and solutions to choose from, and I believe this is one of the key points that is slowing the progression of smart home tech into the property developer market, but also the every day home retrofit market. We certainly aim to take the complexity away by providing integrated solutions, but these often come at a price premium which make them less viable for the everyday consumer.

Anyhow, without rambling on too much on my first post, I hope to contribute more and more to discussions and threads on the forum, and learn about the members here and the types of solutions you're working with. Hopefully I will be able to offer some solid insights and info too, after all I have been in the controls and automation industry for nearly 20 years so I like to think I know a little about this stuff. That remains to be seen though, ha ha.

Chris
    Last edited by intouch-control; 16th May 2017 at 09:53 AM.