Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evohome Controller Battery Issue

Automated Home Legend

Rebooting when you put it on a stand that isn't powered is not normal. I certainly haven't seen that behaviour on mine. Is yours the wifi model ?

I'll tell you what it might be if you have the wifi model - the spring battery contact under the positive terminal of the battery tends to both go completely flat and also corrode. This causes a poor connection as the shoulder of the battery ends up pushing against the plastic housing rather than the metal tip contacting the spring.

The twisting of the case as you fit it to the dock is then possibly enough to cause the battery to loose contact momentarily and if there is no power from the base to keep it going it would reboot.

On mine I scraped the black corrosion off the battery contact spring and also stretched it out slightly in the middle. You might want to do the same.

Automated Home Guru

Nope. This is a pre wifi model (928srt that I sourced through Amazon Germany). Are those coil springs you refer to? No such thing on my controller. The plus is a fixed contact, only spring action is from the bend strip that is the negative contact. Did note some surface corrosion there, but I don't think it is possible to move the battery by applying any kind of twisting or pressure on the outside. Also: it kind of seems that this would be chance behaviour, but this happened every time. It might have been related to the battery actually being completely dead though.

Edit: negative! Still happens. Display shows 'NRST Pin Reset'?
    Last edited by gordonb3; 11th June 2017 at 12:15 PM.

Automated Home Legend

I had noticed that reboot on unpowered stand issue on the Mk2. Infact it used to go to the Software version screen. Didn't realise it still did it.

P.s. our posts crossed. Yes I remember the Mk2 used to do this.

Automated Home Sr Member

My pretty new units battery went a bit funny after the unit rebooted to install the latest software.

After that it never read full until I let it run on battery power till it died and then let it charge up again.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IM35461 View Post
    My pretty new units battery went a bit funny after the unit rebooted to install the latest software.

After that it never read full until I let it run on battery power till it died and then let it charge up again.
    Probably just due to the reboot though, as the bug was there from the beginning in all versions.

Automated Home Sr Member

I too have suffered from this bug.

Hopefully it will be fixed with the new firmware released today.

FB