Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: How to control secondary pump from Evohome

Automated Home Sr Member

That's where the ABV should kick in to maintain the minimum flow rate. Slightly different problem to the one I described, which is inherent in any cold zone flushing water to the boiler return (this could be because DHW kicks in, instead of another radiator zone).

A LLH would (hopefully) aid in both instances, as the hot and cold water from different zones should dilute at a slower pace in the header, allowing the boiler to sense the return temp dropping and have enough time to modulate down.

Automated Home Legend

Sorry I meant that you get an S53 when the next set of cold rads call for heat, which means that now a lot of cold water is suddely rushing to the boiler. Similar to your situation.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Sorry I meant that you get an S53 when the next set of cold rads call for heat, which means that now a lot of cold water is suddely rushing to the boiler. Similar to your situation.
    Ah - actually good to hear I'm not the only one experiencing that issue.

Though slightly concerned that the mix of cold water with the hot in the pipework isn't sufficient for the boiler to sense the cooling temperature fast enough. Hope the LLH achieves that.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Close Coupled Tees might be another option.
    That's actually what I have rather than an all-in-one LLH with deaerator and magnetic trap thingy. Same thing though, hydraulically.