Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Domoticz beta now has in core support for Evohome web API

Automated Home Legend

ECO only works until 15C. There is a bug however that causes any zone' s setpoint that is just 1-2C over 15C to be unaffected by ECO. So you can have a zone sitting at 17C before and after ECO was clicked.

Automated Home Guru

Well, I'm still fine-tuning the installation so I could add this to the wish list. Current priority is to make the direct feedback in the 'Temperature' view as accurate as possible. And then there's also a little matter of allowing system triggers and notifications.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    ECO only works until 15C. There is a bug however that causes any zone' s setpoint that is just 1-2C over 15C to be unaffected by ECO. So you can have a zone sitting at 17C before and after ECO was clicked.
    I did some testing and I actually have my 'Away' setpoint reconfigured at 14C. having changed the schedule on one zone to have 17C as the normal setpoint the Eco value came out as 14C, so it is definitely related to the 'Away' setpoint. Funny thing is that 'Away' itself is unconditional, i.e. it will raise the setpoint for zones that have a lower value in their schedule.
    Last edited by gordonb3; 7th June 2017 at 05:55 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gordonb3 View Post
    Funny thing is that 'Away' itself is unconditional, i.e. it will raise the setpoint for zones that have a lower value in their schedule.
    Yes this is one of my pet peeves too.

The away action is supposed to be for leaving the house, I have away set down to 10 degrees because if I left it on the default of 15 then it would actually turn up spare rooms that are normally scheduled below 15 degrees when I am leaving the house. It should really reduce an zones that are set higher than the away temperature and leave ones that are lower alone, but it doesn't work that way.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Maybe that's a good thing, though. The rooms with very low set points will usually be kept at > mildew temps by absorbing warmth from your heated rooms. But if the other rooms are all cool then your zones with extremely low setpoints will get colder than they normally do.

Perhaps.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Maybe that's a good thing, though. The rooms with very low set points will usually be kept at > mildew temps by absorbing warmth from your heated rooms. But if the other rooms are all cool then your zones with extremely low setpoints will get colder than they normally do.

Perhaps.
    If the default away temperature was 10 degrees I would agree with you, but it's 15 degrees. I have a spare room set to 10 degrees on permanent override at the moment, (yes it does draw heat from other rooms when the door is sometimes open for a while) if the away action was on it's default 15 degrees it would actually cause that room to come on when I leave the house and all other rooms go off.

After changing the away temperature to 10 degrees its a bit more reasonable though.

Automated Home Guru

Hmmmm ?

Automated Home Guru

Moving forward. Baby steps. Referencing the 'old' US API is now a selectable option in the hardware page where you can choose between 'controller compatible' (i.e UK/EMEA API only - 0,5 degree resolution) or enable the secondary API with a choice of displaying one or two decimals. There are also some (minor) improvements to the feedback when you trigger a change to the Evohome system from Domoticz. Still need to figure out a method to discover what day is referenced when 'Day Off' is selected.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gordonb3 View Post
    Moving forward. Baby steps. Referencing the 'old' US API is now a selectable option in the hardware page where you can choose between 'controller compatible' (i.e UK/EMEA API only - 0,5 degree resolution) or enable the secondary API with a choice of displaying one or two decimals.
    Looks good, and nice to have the option to choose.
    Still need to figure out a method to discover what day is referenced when 'Day Off' is selected.
    I'd have to look at the raw data returned via the API again to be sure, but I don't think the day which Day off mode uses is made available via the API. Just like the hot water set point and differential is not made available.

One thing that tends to support this theory is that if you use the official Honeywell iPhone App to set a timed override, it normally defaults to the override lasting until the next scheduled set point change, showing that the app knows today's schedule for the zone. However when you do a timed override using the iPhone app when the system is in day off mode the override lasts until the next set point of the actual day (eg today) not the schedule that is currently running - your day off schedule, by default Saturday.

So it seems that even the official iPhone app doesn't know what day's schedule is in use for day off mode, only that day off mode is active...
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 15th June 2017 at 01:25 PM.

Automated Home Guru

No, it's not there. The 'Away' setpoint isn't as well, but of course you can easily grab that with the next request to the server so it should only be wrong the first time and only if the setpoint is different from the default 15.