Thread: ecoTec

Automated Home Legend

Default ecoTec

A poster on another forum is saying that he has been told that by fitting what is known as ecoTec to his 15 year old boiler he can expect savings in the order of 35% per year. Honeywell must be missing a trick here!

http://www.midlandsrenewables.co.uk/ecotec

He has also been led to believe that when the time comes he will be able to use it with a new boiler.

Automated Home Ninja

That thing sounds like it would be a total disaster if it was installed on a system with an existing smart controller, especially if that system was also zoned.

Automated Home Ninja

Also, I expect they'll find themselves in tricky trademark water with Vaillant before too long!

Automated Home Legend

Initially, I thought that the guy was talking about a PHGRS system to recover heat from the flue. I believe that Valliant market this as RecoFlue. Googling Ecotec and ibuddy takes you to Midland Renewables which seems to have one 23 year old Director. The quote was for 1400. He could get a lot of Evohome kit for that sum of money.

Automated Home Legend

So advanced that they needed to use other brand names! Both ecoTec and iBuddy have been used before. Suggeston = iEcoBuddy?