Thread: Amazon Alexa & evohome/szt - small update

Default Amazon Alexa & evohome/szt - small update

Hi

Amazon have made significant changes to their platform and consequently the teams were able to work together and improve the stability - we think we nailed it.

In addition - the new Amazon instruction sets (previously in beta) are now deployed. Key for evohome and temp devices is the ability to ask about the temp and get a sensible response.

"Alexa, what is the temperature in the living room" - "the living room temperature is 24 degrees" - it will handle .5 degree increments.

You have to get the 'object' exactly as you named in evohome. eg You cant say master bedroom, if its master bed

PS If you haven't already please review the skill in Amazon (it helps me out)
    Last edited by Rameses; 21st June 2017 at 12:52 PM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Guru

I've just had a disconnect notification from my evohome - and now I can't log in - assume this is because of the update ?

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I've just had a disconnect notification from my evohome - and now I can't log in - assume this is because of the update ?
    No the update was done a while back. You can't login at all? Have you disconnected and reconnected the skill?
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Guru

No - The whole system is offline . I had an email about maintenance scheduled for today ? And just had a disconnect email. I'm on a different continent but can log into network and see that the controller is pingable

Automated Home Guru

Strictly speaking I think the email is saying that you lost connection to the controller ? (Pre wifi)

Automated Home Guru

Connection magically restored ?

Spoke to soon - disconnected again

I suspect a botched update ?
    Last edited by orange; 21st June 2017 at 03:49 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Select Settings.Select your device and then select Update Wi-Fi. select Set up a new device press and hold the Action button until the light ring changes to orange then connect to your Echo device.select Add a Network then Connect. After your device connects to your Wi-Fi network, a confirmation message appears in the app. You're now ready to use Alexa.