Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What time does your controller think it is?

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Default What time does your controller think it is?

Mine is currently three or four minutes out.

If we're all out my that much then we're all syncing against a time source that's not correct. But if it's just mine then it obviously isn't syncing at all - perhaps I need to fire up wireshark to find out why not.

P.

Automated Home Jr Member

The time on my controller is correct. I am using the non-WiFi model with a RFG100 gateway.

Automated Home Ninja

My wifi controller appears to be about a minute ahead of reality.

Automated Home Legend

I have the wifi model. Mine 2.5 to 3 minutes. Always is. I think I have only had it show the correct time after removing the batteries and when it restarted. It was no long before it was wrong again.

Automated Home Legend

I checked mine when I got home and it was about 2 minutes ahead of the correct time even though Wifi was connected and automatic time configuration has always been enabled.

I did a battery out reboot and after re-establishing a Wifi connection the time jumped to the correct time. Given we were all seeing different errors and that mine came right after a reboot I would say that the problem is not that the time server time is incorrect, but that the client has stopped syncing with the server (until the reboot) and has just drifted out of time.

Two minutes error in the 30 days or so since I last rebooted the controller seems consistent with normal drift after no longer syncing.

So it looks like the latest firmware still has timekeeping related issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I checked mine when I got home and it was about 2 minutes ahead of the correct time even though Wifi was connected and automatic time configuration has always been enabled.

I did a battery out reboot and after re-establishing a Wifi connection the time jumped to the correct time. Given we were all seeing different errors and that mine came right after a reboot I would say that the problem is not that the time server time is incorrect, but that the client has stopped syncing with the server (until the reboot) and has just drifted out of time.

Two minutes error in the 30 days or so since I last rebooted the controller seems consistent with normal drift after no longer syncing.

So it looks like the latest firmware still has timekeeping related issues.
    I am running beta firmware and my time is fine. New FW's rolling out over the next couple of weeks/months. We will monitor this to see if this fixes (assuming issue in first place).

PS The first couple of FW's are maintenance releases (ensuring security/platforms etc), some new features & updates are due after that, pre Winter. As I get more details I will post.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

Since this thread started I have kept an eye on my Control Panel. It is always 3 minutes ahead of the correct time.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Since this thread started I have kept an eye on my Control Panel. It is always 3 minutes ahead of the correct time.
    Try rebooting it. Mine is spot on.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Try rebooting it. Mine is spot on.
    Mine is 2min 30 sec ahead of right time. It seems a bit poor that we would need to reboot the controller to get it to synchronise the time.

Automated Home Legend

Mine has been rebooted but it goes back to its 3 minutes difference. It is slightly less than 3. Somewhere between 2.5 and 3.