Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What time does your controller think it is?

Automated Home Jr Member

My WiFi unit is two minutes fast.

Firmware versions:- Application 01.00.07.01, WiFi 01.00.06.10

Any update on a fix for this?

Automated Home Jr Member

Just noticed the other day that mine is 2 minutes fast as well.....

When is the firmware update due ?

Automated Home Lurker

Noticed mine was about 4 minutes out and not syncing to the correct time. Having seen this thread I decided to see if was actually syncing with a clock at the wrong time so I set it 10 minutes fast by setting it manually. I then changed it back to auto. After about 24 hours it resynced to the correct time and has stayed like that for over a week now.
    So not sure what the issue is. Maybe it just stopped syncing with the server clock wherever that may be. Maybe it was a result of the last update which stopped it syncing and needed kicking to sync again as my test did. Will be interesting to see if it keeps the time now.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndonp View Post
    Noticed mine was about 4 minutes out and not syncing to the correct time. Having seen this thread I decided to see if was actually syncing with a clock at the wrong time so I set it 10 minutes fast by setting it manually. I then changed it back to auto. After about 24 hours it resynced to the correct time and has stayed like that for over a week now.
    So not sure what the issue is. Maybe it just stopped syncing with the server clock wherever that may be. Maybe it was a result of the last update which stopped it syncing and needed kicking to sync again as my test did. Will be interesting to see if it keeps the time now.
    Just checked mine and it is 50 seconds behind the correct time, which kind of blows the theory that they are all 2-3 minutes ahead out of the water...

I think it's simply a case that after a while the time sync client in the OS stops working and the time then gradually drifts out, up or down, as you would expect. It doesn't seem to start syncing again until the controller is rebooted, and in my case every time it has been out rebooting gets it back exactly in sync - for a while...

Which way it drifts and by how much is probably temperature dependent as unless it has a thermostatically controlled oven for the main crystal clock (which is highly unlikely) or a temperature compensation system (possible) the clock drift will vary somewhat with ambient temperature.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 9th September 2017 at 04:38 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Not just 3 minutes fast on the clock, it does switch things on 3 minutes early. I wonder where it gets its time from. I have some lights set to come on at 15 minutes before sunset but one of them is via a different app to the others. Both are set for my home location but that one is a good 5 minutes behind the others so clearly it gets its time from some source that thinks sunset is different to what it is. Presumably it’s the server the panel connects to?