X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

How do things change when I have an OT bridge as my boiler relay. Clearly that doesn't use TPI. But I note the controller still offers that. Let's hope it applies that setting to my UFH pump/valve which is controlled by a BDR91. I didn't like the UFH pump going off and on as much, so have now turned it down to 3 cycles per hour.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
      How do things change when I have an OT bridge as my boiler relay. Clearly that doesn't use TPI. But I note the controller still offers that. Let's hope it applies that setting to my UFH pump/valve which is controlled by a BDR91. I didn't like the UFH pump going off and on as much, so have now turned it down to 3 cycles per hour.
      Even if you use OpenTherm you might still have a CH zone valve, and that would still get TPI modulated. (One way to find out - try changing the cycles per hour and report back ) I'm sure I remember recent discussion around whether that was a bad idea to continue TPI modulating the zone valve when the flow temperature is already controlled by OpenTherm though.

Comment

• TimB
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by DJBenson View Post
        Hi

We are currently planning a kitchen refurb but as part of that, we will lose two panel radiators (which are in our 'Kitchen' zone with HR92's on each). I am planning on using kickspace/plinth heaters instead but we'll obviously lose control of the heating in that zone, and I wondered whether there was any way to integrate a zone heated by kickspace heaters into an Evohome setup (whether it is elegant or not).

Any idea's?

I don't think underfloor heating would provide anywhere near enough heat to replace the two units or I would choose that option and an UFH controller so my options are limited. Some of the Myson kickspace heaters can be controlled remotely (wired remote) and I was wondering if that could be incorporated into the Honeywell UFH controller in any way, or simply to add the HR92's to the pipework of the heaters themselves to still give some level of control.

I have recently completed a kitchen extension which has two Myson Kickspace heaters in it. In my case, there is also a panel radiator at the opposite end of the kitchen that provides additional heat, and has its own HR92.

The two Kickspace heaters are plumbed in series; there is a straight TRV fitted with an HR92 at the start of the loop which then connects to the input of the first heater. The return out of that goes around the kitchen to the second heater, and the return from that back to the start. Thus, a single HR92 controls the water flow in the entire loop.

As the HR92 on the panel radiator is not in a good position to actually measure the temperature of the main part of the room, I have both the panel HR92 and the Kickspace HR92 set as Actuators only. Temperature monitoring is done currently via the Evohome controller itself that is wall mounted in the body of the kitchen. I had originally planned to monitor temperature with a Y87RF single zone thermostat, but it was actually more convenient to use the controller itself.

I haven’t gone through an entire winter with this set up, but caught enough of the tail end of this year’s to be very happy with the configuration. When needed, both HR92s open, and as hot water flows through the plinth circuit, the fans start up. Accessing the HR92 under the units isn’t entirely straightforward, but the heaters are on flexible hoses and when the batteries need changing, it should be accessible through the front grille hole without the need to remove the plinth.

Good luck with your refurb.

Comment

Working...
        X