• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malpasia
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2004

C-Bus switch for the bathroom?

Hi, has anyone installed a Saturn or Neo switch in a bathroom? Two issues I can think of, building regs and the steam. I am guessing that bulding regs would be happy as the switch is low voltage. I don't know how either of these switches stand up to moisture and can't find any reference in the documentation?
  • Barney
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2004

Re: C-Bus switch for the bathroom?

Hi Malpasie

When I installed my cbus setup (Nearly three years ago now) I never got a straight answer from Clipsal on the SELV regs for cbus switches. In theory there should be no problem.
    If your looking for simple control (on/off/dim) of a single group address then you could do what I have done which is to add a momentary pull cord switch connected to a bus coupler.

HTH

Rob

Comment

• Ric
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Apr 2004

Since I didnt need any advanced light controls in the bathroom, I simply installed a standard motion sensor. I can see no reason why you couldn't use a C-BUS motion detector though.
      Ric Charlton

always trying but not always successful

Comment

• aucklander
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Oct 2005

In the UK regulations, 16th edition, refer to 411-02-02 section 4. This should cover the query you have on the installation of the bathroom switch. (selv supply).The Saturn switch operating temperature range is from 0 to 45 degrees centigrade and the operating humidity range is 10 to 95 percent RH. The output unit standards comply with the AS/NZ 3108 - 1994 and IEC 742-1983 for SELV. I have installed several saturn switches in bathrooms and ensuites in New Zealand under their standard regulations and have had no problems.
        Hope this is of help to you.
        Regards
        Tony
        New Zealand
        Cbus Installer, registered electrician, uk and nz

Comment

Working...
        X