X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Problem setting up a powermax plus alarm system

Just installed a powermax plus alarm system, and have a few problems with the telephone reporting.
    At the moment it seems to call every time something happens. Is it possible to just get it to ring me when the alarm has actually gone off.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog
  • tonythetiger
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jun 2004

Re: Problem setting up a powermax plus alarm system

I'd read all the installation manuals 3 times over if I were you. The number of setup options for powermax alarms is extensive and you need to read the manuals anyway so you can set the other options (there are actually some useful settings buried in the manual).

You want to set the phone reporting to be just on "alarm", or probably "off" when setting up. "Alarm" obviously means real alarm, tamper alarm, fire alarm etc, so if you're pulling your PIRs apart still then switch the reporting off.

Do read the manuals though, there are all sorts of cross zoning and swinging (oooh err) options that really do need a read.

TtT

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Re: Problem setting up a powermax plus alarm system

Thanks for the reply. but I've already managed to sort it out last week. I think the manual is very detailed but in certain areas lacks explanation of some of the settings, it just says you can set it to whatever, but doesn't really tell you what that setting does.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
      X