• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Hr91

Looks like the HR91 (cheaper radiator controller without display) has launched. There's info now on the Honeywell website.

I know a few people who've been testing it, but it was covered by NDAs. Looks like the info is public now, though. A google of Honeywell HR91 finds a few more references, too.

P.
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Any pricing relative to the HR92 published yet ?

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

Haven't see anything. It'll be interesting to see the price differential.

P.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Apparently it is also supported in Smile-RoomConnect. Wonder what that is? I wouldn't mind these actually because I never use the screens. But with the absence of a knob, local overrides might not be possible - so maybe not. Battery life is bound to be better. So swings and roundabouts.

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
          Smile-RoomConnect. Wonder what that is?
          Looks interesting.

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Apparently it is also supported in Smile-RoomConnect. Wonder what that is? I wouldn't mind these actually because I never use the screens. But with the absence of a knob, local overrides might not be possible - so maybe not. Battery life is bound to be better. So swings and roundabouts.
            There is a button that toggles it between 5 degrees and 21 degrees local override, but other than that you're expected to control it remotely.

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

It will be available to buy soon at a price slightly lower than HR92, for domestic applications HR92 remains prime choice, HR91 option for boxed in rads or areas that don't require local override
              I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

Any comparison of battery life between the units? My HR80 which is very busy on the radio appears to have better battery life than an HR92. So would be interested to know what the HR91 can squeeze out of two AAs.

Comment

• top brake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Feb 2015

Any comparison of battery life between the units? My HR80 which is very busy on the radio appears to have better battery life than an HR92. So would be interested to know what the HR91 can squeeze out of two AAs.
                  Put it this way, longer battery life will not be a reason to choose a HR91 in preference to HR92
                  I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

But is there any real reason to move from the HR80...that is the question for me. I've never seen the need to move to an HR92. Infact if I had to, I probably would still be running my Hometronic controller!

Comment

• rotor
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                      How is everyone not excited to see this? Looks like the replacement of Evohome?

Comment

• dty
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by rotor View Post
                        How is everyone not excited to see this? Looks like the replacement of Evohome?
                        Indeed. It looks like it's compatible with all the existing hardware and includes a repeater.

Now, there's no real reason why a firmware update wouldn't allow a WiFi Evohome controller to work with a Smile Connect repeater. That would be a nice addition.

Comment

• rotor
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Aug 2015

The biggest thing I noticed is that you specify a range for each room, rather than a specific set temperature (assuming I interpreted that correctly). That would massively help with OpenTherm, no? Not sure how the temperature range works in terms of perceived comfort, but given that all rooms are interconnected, having a room at *exactly* one temperature isn't easily achievable. Makes the system fuzzier, which makes sense to me.

Comment

• roydonaldson
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Jan 2013

It looks like Smile-Connect is a Honeywell district heating solution: https://products.ecc.emea.honeywell....pg_gr-sdc.html

So, nothing to get too excited about. Just an application of technology into one of there already existing product lines.

Roy.

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
                              • Feb 2009

Smile has been available for years, but the Smile Connect add on appeared about a year ago (or maybe slightly longer).

It is a very powerful unit that has many applications (multiple boiler sequencing, multiple CT/VT circuits, solar heating, to name just a few), using embedded strategies that you can enable in various configurations.

It is most definitely not a DIY install using documentation supplied with the unit. I would suggest it is more like a configurable mini BMS system. The system has its own quirks, and some of the terminology in the manuals is a little unusual which makes the documentation less intuitive to new users. I still have use the manuals to ensure I get everything right even having isntallled/commissioned over a hundred of these (our larger residential installs with multiple boilers or complicated main plant all use Smile).
                              Sensible Heat
                              SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X