Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hr91

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Default Hr91

Looks like the HR91 (cheaper radiator controller without display) has launched. There's info now on the Honeywell website.

I know a few people who've been testing it, but it was covered by NDAs. Looks like the info is public now, though. A google of Honeywell HR91 finds a few more references, too.

P.

Automated Home Legend

Any pricing relative to the HR92 published yet ?

Haven't see anything. It'll be interesting to see the price differential.

P.

Automated Home Legend

Apparently it is also supported in Smile-RoomConnect. Wonder what that is? I wouldn't mind these actually because I never use the screens. But with the absence of a knob, local overrides might not be possible - so maybe not. Battery life is bound to be better. So swings and roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Smile-RoomConnect. Wonder what that is?
    Looks interesting.

Automated Home Legend

Apparently it is also supported in Smile-RoomConnect. Wonder what that is? I wouldn't mind these actually because I never use the screens. But with the absence of a knob, local overrides might not be possible - so maybe not. Battery life is bound to be better. So swings and roundabouts.
    There is a button that toggles it between 5 degrees and 21 degrees local override, but other than that you're expected to control it remotely.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

It will be available to buy soon at a price slightly lower than HR92, for domestic applications HR92 remains prime choice, HR91 option for boxed in rads or areas that don't require local override

Automated Home Legend

Any comparison of battery life between the units? My HR80 which is very busy on the radio appears to have better battery life than an HR92. So would be interested to know what the HR91 can squeeze out of two AAs.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Any comparison of battery life between the units? My HR80 which is very busy on the radio appears to have better battery life than an HR92. So would be interested to know what the HR91 can squeeze out of two AAs.
    Put it this way, longer battery life will not be a reason to choose a HR91 in preference to HR92
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Legend

But is there any real reason to move from the HR80...that is the question for me. I've never seen the need to move to an HR92. Infact if I had to, I probably would still be running my Hometronic controller!