• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    TCC - I have worked it out! I understood it meant the Technology and Construction Court. Surely a better name can be thought of? Why not simply “Evohome Login”?
    Total Connect Comfort - it is the platform that pre-dates evohome - actually it pre-dates the wider connected home play. Basically it's Honeywell's secure cloud service which handles the 'comfort' category of product. Many other devices work on it - not just evohome, around the EMEA region. Whilst the App you have on screen is called Home with a Honeywell badge - the actual app you download from the App Store is Total Connect Comfort International (TCC Int). US has its own instance (they have way different requirements) called Total Connect Comfort.

There is a good road-map for all the software for our products.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Rameses
      Industry Expert
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by philchillbill View Post
      Looks great and more than welcome !

It remains a pity that the Security (alarm-system) portion of both the TCC web-portal and iPhone app is still very incomplete. Accessing basically the same Honeywell server via a different portal (https://tc20e.total-connect.eu/) provides a much better experience and much more functionality. I understand the need for quality controls on new products/software but this is moving at the speed of molasses...
      We hear you.
      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Change it to TLC!!

Comment

• Rameses
          Industry Expert
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
          Change it to TLC!!
          LOL - already Trademarked

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

Did I kick a hornet's nest? Apologies!

P.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

No hornets’ nest but you drew attention to a relevant point. The importance of a name and it meaning something. “Total Connect Comfort” is a mouthful. Perhaps no name. Just put the words “customer login” on the button, or “user login”. Or two buttons one for the USA and the other for the rest.

No matter, we make progress with being able to see our system on the web page even if it cannot be edited just yet. It would be nice to see a more attractive app and web page but they both do their job. Well one does at present and the other will surely follow. It works with IOS version 11 as well!

Comment

• paulockenden
                Automated Home Legend
                • Apr 2015

I spend a significant proportion of my time advising companies about switching from 'inside looking out' to 'outside looking in' communications. Usually they are too close to things to even notice there's a problem.

So many websites have navigation categorised based on the divisions and departments withing the company, rather than being based on customer needs.

An extreme example that I like to quote was from the early days of Internet Shopping. Tesco listed Tequila under 'White Spirit'. Which is exactly right in terms of how alcohol is retailed, but to the consumer it means something you use to clean your paint brushes. I know we've all drunk some rough tequila in our time, but that's probably pushing it too far!

Sorry - gone off on a bit of a tangent there. Hobby horse of mine. Tell me to shut up!

Comment

• Rameses
                  Industry Expert
                  • Nov 2014

Update: HW behavior fix will be applied to browser controls circa 18th Sept - subject to security and change control checks.

Comment

• FullBore
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2016

The code generating error messages needs to link with the users language.

I just received the message:-

Sorry, er is een onverwachte fout opgetreden. Probeer het later opnieuw
                    !

FB

Comment

• DBMandrake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Sep 2014

I noticed the error messages being in Dutch as well.

Also, has anyone else noticed the iPhone app being slow, timing out, or logging you out a lot since the web portal was released ? I've had a lot of problems with the iPhone app that date back almost exactly to the day the new web portal was released which still seem to be (intermittently) ongoing.

When I am having problems with the iPhone app I am usually able to log into the TCC portal and make the necessary change through the web interface, which I have had to do a couple of times now.

I've tried all the usual things like force quitting the iPhone app but it just doesn't seem reliable for me at the moment, with a variety of errors and symptoms.

Comment

• PaulV
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Jan 2016

I experience similar problems on my iPhone when using the iPhone app. But when I keep trying I usually succeed.

Comment

• HenGus
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • May 2014

My IPad app keeps coming up with a page saying that it has problems accessing my account and asking whether it should re-try. This wasn’t an issue a week or so ago.

Comment

• Bazinga
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Feb 2015

Is anyone else having an issue logging in with Apple Safari? I enter my username and password then click on the LOG IN button. There is a little spinning wheel within the LOG IN button, but nothing happens. It's been sitting for 5 minutes now. I tested it with another computer running Chrome and that works fine.

Comment

• G4RHL
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2015

Have just tried with Safari on my iPad and no problems. If I try to look at schedule it says thee is an issue but that may be because that aspect is not yet functional.

However, opening the app is now very very slow. This is not due to compatibility with IOS11 beta as it happens on my iPhone running IOS10

Comment

• MrShamus
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Feb 2015

Looks like the HW interaction when heating is set to Off is now fixed :-) Many thanks Rameses

Comment

Working...
                                X