X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Will this new “facility” be behind why my app (on both iPad and iPhone) this morning have been showing the wrong set temperatures for some zones and then when I tried to refresh the app it won’t log me in? The Control Panel shows the right settings.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

I guess the system has crashed?! Customer overload?!!,

Comment

• sharpener
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
        Let me check - you mean for the web control - not the control of evohome right?

You can simulate an evo here http://sb.evohome.honeywell.com/ui-app/

You can download the TCC Intl app - and before the login - there is a 'demo' button which allows you to experience the app

Did you mean either of those?
        Not really. I am already familiar with the colour controller UI (and have no interest in the smartphone app).

If I understand your original post correctly there is now a web browser interface (as you foreshadowed in a reply to me 3 or 4 yrs ago) - I am asking if there is a demo of that interface on the web that I can look at using IE or Firefox to help me decide whether it is worth investing in a new wifi controller or cut my losses and move to HeatGenius.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

If you have the older non Wifi model I assume you would be able to use the new web interface with an RFG100 gateway...

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
            If you have the older non Wifi model I assume you would be able to use the new web interface with an RFG100 gateway...
            Yeah - as DBMandrake says - this is agnostic of what hardware you have. (Even just the SZT)
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• sharpener
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
              I wondered about that, but I would need to buy an ethernet hub as well as I have run out of ports, so that's two more boxes on the shelf in the office.

Is there any extra/different functionality in the wifi controller to be worth the extra cost? IIRC from a previous thread the per-zone optimisation has actually been removed.

I am inferring from the lack of response that there is no online demo. But I would still like to try before I buy, is there someone out there who will lend me either piece of kit, or supply it on a sale-or-return basis?

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by sharpener View Post
                I wondered about that, but I would need to buy an ethernet hub as well as I have run out of ports, so that's two more boxes on the shelf in the office.

Is there any extra/different functionality in the wifi controller to be worth the extra cost? IIRC from a previous thread the per-zone optimisation has actually been removed.

I am inferring from the lack of response that there is no online demo. But I would still like to try before I buy, is there someone out there who will lend me either piece of kit, or supply it on a sale-or-return basis?
                Sorry I thought you had an evohome (any connected version ) - never thought of needing a demo - I think we have some dummy accounts - let me dig one up - ##update got one have DM'd you ##
                Last edited by Rameses; 31 August 2017, 03:14 PM.
                getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

Just got an email about this.

With my 'customer experience' hat on, "just login with your TCC credentials as per normal" isn't very friendly. Most people won't know what TCC is.

Like a lot of corporate communications it's inside looking out, rather than outside looking in.

P.

Comment

• Rameses
                    Industry Expert
                    • Nov 2014

Thanks - yes we will remove amend for the other languages.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Further to my previous post I have been able to login and the app has put itself right with what is actually set on the Control Panel.

Paul, "Most people won't know what TCC is." What is it?!!!!! I haven't a clue but saw it on the web page and assumed that had to be the button to press.

Addendum:

I tried to alter a setting in a zone on the web site and it would not do it. I gave up waiting for the equivalent of the spinning ball to stop spinning. I eventually got the message "The web server failed to respond within the specified time."
                      Last edited by G4RHL; 31 August 2017, 04:53 PM. Reason: Needed to add something

Comment

• sharpener
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                        I tried to alter a setting in a zone on the web site and it would not do it. I gave up waiting for the equivalent of the spinning ball to stop spinning. I eventually got the message "The web server failed to respond within the specified time."
                        One good turn deserves another:

Originally posted by Rameses View Post

At this time the only thing not possible is amending of the schedule.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Sep 2014

Timed overrides are implemented, I was trying it successfully earlier today. It's reprogramming the schedules that is not implemented yet.

The problem above is some sort of server error or overload that wasn't happening earlier today.
                          Last edited by DBMandrake; 31 August 2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• philipW99
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Apr 2015

Now that is a major step forward. MAny thanks.

Comment

• philchillbill
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2017

Looks great and more than welcome !

It remains a pity that the Security (alarm-system) portion of both the TCC web-portal and iPhone app is still very incomplete. Accessing basically the same Honeywell server via a different portal (https://tc20e.total-connect.eu/) provides a much better experience and much more functionality. I understand the need for quality controls on new products/software but this is moving at the speed of molasses...

Comment

• G4RHL
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jan 2015

TCC - I have worked it out! I understood it meant the Technology and Construction Court. Surely a better name can be thought of? Why not simply “Evohome Login”?

Comment

Working...
                                X