Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Browser control now live for TCC Devices

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    BDR91 has built in 'comms lost' mode - will cycle and achieve 20% heat in the event of comms failures
    Does the OpenTherm Bridge do this too?

Automated Home Legend

If it did happen then the following are in place

- HR92's, have built in frost protection
    - HR92's have built in fail safe mode (as per DMB's post) - they cycle - and open to achieve 21 degrees as a safety measure (this should be on by default)
    - BDR91 has built in 'comms lost' mode - will cycle and achieve 20% heat in the event of comms failures
    All of this is independent of evohome main controller

Your firmware is out of date - seems like an issue with your unit - log a call, supply the MAC address and the unit will get a manual update pumped to it.
    My controller is showing the same firmware. If there has been a PUSH update recently then it hasn't arrived here: App 07.01 Wifi 06.10

What are the latest firmware versions?
    Last edited by HenGus; 15th September 2017 at 03:58 PM.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    What are the latest firmware versions?
    Public release notes would be nice so we could check these things for ourselves, wouldn't they?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    Public release notes would be nice so we could check these things for ourselves, wouldn't they?
    I have just called Support and a very nice lady seemed to be rather surprised that I was calling about an Evotouch update when I wasn’t actually having any issues. (I didn’t mention an ongoing- but occasional - comms loss with the HR92 sensor in Bed 5. )

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Which is why you should enable Fail safe mode in system settings in the winter, particularly if you are going to be away from home. ...I just leave fail safe on all the time now as I trust it not to activate when it shouldn't.
    Unfortunately I have had too many experiences of unexplained activation of the BDR91 when there is no heat demand to feel safe doing that.

If it did happen then the following are in place

... BDR91 has built in 'comms lost' mode - will cycle and achieve 20% heat in the event of comms failures

All of this is independent of evohome main controller (my emphasis)
    Is this still true if you have turned off the Fail Safe mode in the controller settings? If so then what is the point of this option? As I have an over-sized boiler a BDR91 duty cycle of 20% is probably sufficient to heat the whole house to a default steady state temp of 21 degrees, but I wouldn't want that to be happening when the house was unoccupied as it would cost a fortune in oil. Which is why I turned it off (or so I had thought).

Automated Home Sr Member

Just received an email reading:-

Information regarding recent performance issues to your connected services

Hello

We are currently experiencing some issues with the performance of our connected services.
    Some users are having to try multiple times to log-in to their service and are experiencing slower response times.

These are being investigated and we apologise for any inconvenience.
    Thank you for your understanding
    Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Team
    That's certainly better PR - thank you.

FB

Automated Home Sr Member philchillbill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    So if your HR92 was set manually to 20 while the controller was off and the controller was then rebooted and the current schedule said 15 for that zone, the controller would continue to indicate 15 while the HR92 stayed on 20 - until the next time that a scheduled change occurred or a manual change was made.
    That's a reasonable explanation - thanks. However, nobody touched any HR92's between the crash of the Evotouch and its reboot, so the random assignment to demanding 22 came out of nowhere, apparently.

I was aware of the fail-safe fallback option being a theoretical safeguard against the Evotouch dying and I have it set to 'on'. The cynic in me, however, assumes that if the Evotouch can crash and not do what it's intended to do then the BDR91 and R8810A1018 (what a lovely name the opentherm module has) can also misbehave...

Automated Home Jr Member

Echoing other sentiments on the thread - being able to control the system through a web browser is a nice (and welcome) feature. Thank you.

Appreciate this is not high on the list in importance, especially offset against ongoing login issues, but I was disappointed to see that even in the web browser I'm unable to type a target temperature. I.e. if I want to bring a room up from 10 deg - 23 deg I'll have to click on the plus symbol 26 times when all that I really want is to enter a value of 23 (this is one of the reasons I use the evohome python client to control the system through the API, allowing me to type temperatures as I need them. No logon issues either )

So, minor peeve. Am I the only one who would like to see a temperature input field rather than just the +/- controls?

Automated Home Guru

Sorry to be a dumbo but I'm interested in EvoHome - is TCC the individual radiator valve controller? So this is saying the data/control for individual valves is now opened up via the hub?

Automated Home Sr Member philchillbill's Avatar

TCC is Honeywell's "Total Connect Comfort" which is the branding they use for the web-portal behind Evohome and for the Evohome app. You can now control radiator valves from the web-portal and not just the app - that's what this thread is all about.