Hot water time controller, web enabled control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fred Bloggs
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2017

Hot water time controller, web enabled control?

Hi all, I have a flat with immersion heaters in the water tank, one is connected to the economy seven tariff and one is connected to the day time tariff. I'm happy with this, but the flat occupancy is not as regular as I had anticipated so the conventional Siemens time controller, about 13 years old though working fine, could do with upgrading to one I can control remotely from an app. From the research I have done, it seems that the all domestic Siemens time controllers use a common back plate. So, I imagined that I could by a modern WiFi enabled time controller from Siemens, fit it to the existing timer back plate, connect it to the router by WiFi, and voila, app controlled hot water! However, it seems that no such device is available from Siemens. In fact I cannot find a simple electronic heating/hot water controller that is WiFi enabled of any brand. Surely, I'm not asking too much? It's 2017 after all! Any thoughts please for such simple requirements? Thanks.

Fred.
  • Fred Bloggs
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2017

Nobody has any ideas? From the Evohome website it certainly seems possible, but what I actually need to do this remains largely a fog of ignorance. Seems very expensive too for the basic functions I need. Thanks.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

What about using something like this hooked up to SmartThings?

I'm not suggesting that this is exactly right - just a direction you could investigate.

Comment

• Fred Bloggs
        Automated Home Lurker
        • May 2017

Thank you. Yes it might not be the exact thing I need, but seeing that a like for like swap of the old Siemens timer for a web/WiFi enabled device that I had imagined must exist, it seems is not possible (but an obvious device to make, at least to me!). So I need avenues like this to explore. There is so much out there but not exactly the device I need! Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X