X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

I've generally found the iOS app itself reliable (can't say I've seen it crash or hang) but it feels like the back end servers it connects to are sometimes slow or unreliable.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Jun 2012

I've found it to be reliable once you're in there doing stuff.

Just painfully slow - even on high end devices.

Logging on is the usual pain in the rear. Also annoying is when the app decides to forget all your credentials - usually after an update. This is the one thing I tend to get moaned at by customers.

However.... As I like to let the system function as intended - the only time really use it is when I'm in the bath and need a boost of hot water late at night and don't want to suffer the wrath of SWMBO and walk downstairs dripping bubbles and tepid water through the house.
      Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• Dean
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
        Investigating (again)
        If it helps, just had to press retry four times (IOS 10.3.3) then it takes 32 seconds to display temperatures.

If app connects first time without a retry then temperatures are displayed as fast as was previously normal but whenever I receive the retry request (90% of the time) it always takes 30+ seconds to then display the temperatures.

Comment

• HenGus
          Automated Home Legend
          • May 2014

Seems to be working fine now on IPhone and IPad with IOS11.

Comment

• StephenC
            Automated Home Guru
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
            Seems to be working fine now on IPhone and IPad with IOS11.
            I’m afraid to report the same symptoms still exist for me as of 18:15 today, so not yet fixed (for all of us anyway).

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

Originally posted by StephenC View Post
              I’m afraid to report the same symptoms still exist for me as of 18:15 today, so not yet fixed (for all of us anyway).
              Posted too soon. I have just had a Retry page on my IPhone and a 40 second load.

Comment

• FullBore
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jan 2016

As I was signing on a few minutes ago:-

OK
                Error
                Oops, there was a problem loading this page. Please refresh the page or try again later.
                Refresh
                then when I got access I changed the temperature for one room, and got the error message:-

Oops, an unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later.
                that was at 18:40 BST.

I then immediately tried again (still 18:40) and got the message:-

Updating...
                Updating your zone settings.
                that message has been showing, with the rotating circle, since about 18:40 - it's now 1848 !

Edited to add - the above message, with the rotating circle, is still showing at 19:07, and I can't exit save by closing
                the Firefox window, which I have just done. I then signed in again to find that my change made at 18:40 has been accepted.

I won't say more, as I am frustrated & disappointed. I trust all will be resolved before the heating season is upon us.

FB
                Last edited by FullBore; 13 September 2017, 07:10 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

• HenGus
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • May 2014

I think that I must have upset it. The app has now lost my sign in information (e-mail/password).

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

If I have exited the app then every time I try to open it I get the retry message. It does eventually load in but it takes a long time.

Comment

• peterf
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Jan 2015

Echoing Dan Robinson's earlier comment, I find the repeated loss of name/password in both IOS and Android apps extremely frustrating. It's the only app on any of my devices that does this and in consequence the only one that I know the logon details off by heart.

I love the system itself but this app implementation is just amateurish.

Comment

• HenGus
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • May 2014

Something on going on still. When I refresh the app (IOS11) nothing changes but it gives the impression that it has refreshed. (HW on controller showing 60C but on the app 44C).

Update: in the minute or so I have been typing this, the app page has now updated to the correct HW temp.

Comment

• FullBore
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Jan 2016

PeterF is quite correct when he says:-

Originally posted by peterf View Post
                          The repeated loss of name/password in both IOS and Android apps extremely frustrating. It's the only app on any of my devices that does this......

I love the system itself but this app implementation is just amateurish.
                          The issues I and others, have reported above appear to be still outstanding and I do hope that whatever resources are required can be directed to resolve them,
                          before the Northern Hemisphere heating season is fully upon us - that means without undue delay please.

FB

Comment

• StephenC
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Feb 2017

I’ve just had this from Honeywell support as a first update to the case I logged earlier in the week:

“Dear Stephen,

Thank you for the information sent and for your patience.

Please note that at the moment our Technical Department is working on fixing this issue at it is a known temporary issue.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,
                            Anca
                            E&ES Europe Consumer Support
                            Honeywell | Environmental & Energy Solutions

ref:_00D00hZKZ._5008013fck7:ref”

Comment

• HenGus
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • May 2014

I have just spoken to Support about an Evotouch software push, and I ask about the App issues. The immediate response was that this is an unintended, and ongoing, consequence of a server upgrade. The engineers are aware that their work is causing end user problems.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                                Automated Home Ninja
                                • Jun 2012

Just tried to edit the schedule of a zone and the app is saying I need to check my system's compatibility....
                                Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

Working...
                                X