Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: iOS TCC App issues

Automated Home Legend

I've generally found the iOS app itself reliable (can't say I've seen it crash or hang) but it feels like the back end servers it connects to are sometimes slow or unreliable.

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

I've found it to be reliable once you're in there doing stuff.

Just painfully slow - even on high end devices.

Logging on is the usual pain in the rear. Also annoying is when the app decides to forget all your credentials - usually after an update. This is the one thing I tend to get moaned at by customers.

However.... As I like to let the system function as intended - the only time really use it is when I'm in the bath and need a boost of hot water late at night and don't want to suffer the wrath of SWMBO and walk downstairs dripping bubbles and tepid water through the house.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    Investigating (again)
    If it helps, just had to press retry four times (IOS 10.3.3) then it takes 32 seconds to display temperatures.

If app connects first time without a retry then temperatures are displayed as fast as was previously normal but whenever I receive the retry request (90% of the time) it always takes 30+ seconds to then display the temperatures.

Automated Home Legend

Seems to be working fine now on IPhone and IPad with IOS11.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    Seems to be working fine now on IPhone and IPad with IOS11.
    I’m afraid to report the same symptoms still exist for me as of 18:15 today, so not yet fixed (for all of us anyway).

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StephenC View Post
    I’m afraid to report the same symptoms still exist for me as of 18:15 today, so not yet fixed (for all of us anyway).
    Posted too soon. I have just had a Retry page on my IPhone and a 40 second load.

Automated Home Guru

As I was signing on a few minutes ago:-

OK
    Error
    Oops, there was a problem loading this page. Please refresh the page or try again later.
    Refresh
    then when I got access I changed the temperature for one room, and got the error message:-

Oops, an unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later.
    that was at 18:40 BST.

I then immediately tried again (still 18:40) and got the message:-

Updating...
    Updating your zone settings.
    that message has been showing, with the rotating circle, since about 18:40 - it's now 1848 !

Edited to add - the above message, with the rotating circle, is still showing at 19:07, and I can't exit save by closing
    the Firefox window, which I have just done. I then signed in again to find that my change made at 18:40 has been accepted.

I won't say more, as I am frustrated & disappointed. I trust all will be resolved before the heating season is upon us.

FB
    Last edited by FullBore; 13th September 2017 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Update

Automated Home Legend

I think that I must have upset it. The app has now lost my sign in information (e-mail/password).

Automated Home Legend

If I have exited the app then every time I try to open it I get the retry message. It does eventually load in but it takes a long time.

Automated Home Guru

Echoing Dan Robinson's earlier comment, I find the repeated loss of name/password in both IOS and Android apps extremely frustrating. It's the only app on any of my devices that does this and in consequence the only one that I know the logon details off by heart.

I love the system itself but this app implementation is just amateurish.