Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: iOS TCC App issues

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

On a conventional control system there is no fail safe at all.

So it could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
    On a conventional control system there is no fail safe at all.

So it could be worse.
    Amen to that...

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    QED :-)

So don't worry when you go skiing.
    Call me old-fashioned, but if I go away in the winter for more than a few days I would always turn off the water at the mains in the street and turn off the gas at the meter. That way I know that the worst that I would come back to would be a burst pipe but not a flood or a gas leak. There is no way I would trust my home to a wireless controlled battery powered heating system while I am a long way away!

And I judge the probability of an internal freeze sufficient to burst a pipe in the UK now to be very small - even in Scotland! I would rather take that risk.

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

Did anyone else notice some funky looking icons on the top of the zone screen on their app just before it reloaded? Opened it on my Tab S3 last night and it was still on the screen I had left it.

For a split second before it reloaded the app automatically, there was a battery strength icon, wifi signal strength icon and one other I didn't get time to make out.

Haven't been able to recreate it unfortunately. Wonder if our red bannered friends have got something in the works?
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    The App seems to have got its mojo back.
    Just wanted to confirm that the app is working reliably for me too, in fact its probably working better than it ever has before - about 5 seconds to log in from scratch and no errors or intermittent behaviour. Glad it got fixed in the end as I didn't realise how much I actually do use it until it wasn't working... (fortunately the web interface was still working as a workaround - and that works well on an iPhone, although it is annoying to have to log into vs the saved login in the app)

Automated Home Legend

I had a brief TCC disconnect this morning and I received 2 identical loss of connection e-mails followed by 2 reconnected e-mails a couple of minutes later. I wonder if Honeywell are running 2 servers because of recent issues?

Automated Home Legend

No notification emails here so it may have just been your Evohome's wifi connection or your internet connection.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    No notification emails here so it may have just been your Evohome's wifi connection or your internet connection.
    I think it was.