• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisgare
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2013

'Degree day' based gas usage plot for the last 12 months

I live in Farnborough, Hants and I am able to get 'Degree day' data from Darnborough Airport at http://www.degreedays.net/

If you are unfamiliar with Degree Day concept is a measure of how much (in degrees) the outside air temperature is below a certain level.

It is really interest to see how accurately my gas usage tracks Degree-Day data for the last twelkve months. It is more accurate than using minimum night temperatures as it takes into acount daytime temperatures as well.

I've turned my central heating on earlier this year as September 2017 is so much colder that 2016 so far.

• dty
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Aug 2016

Hi Chris.

I'm in Fleet, so also using Farnborough airport for temperature data. Interestingly, I'm struggling to get a good correlation. What base temperature are you using?

Comment

• chrisgare
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by dty View Post
      Hi Chris.

I'm in Fleet, so also using Farnborough airport for temperature data. Interestingly, I'm struggling to get a good correlation. What base temperature are you using?
      I live right next to the airport so that helps. I just used the standard temperature of 15.5 degrees and that has always worked well. If there is no correlation I would suggest it is down to local differances between Farnborough and Fleet.

Comment

Working...
      X