Evohome with two plumbed zones, one for radiators and one for wet underfloor heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justin8571
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2017

Evohome with two plumbed zones, one for radiators and one for wet underfloor heating

Hello,

I’m after some advice please on Evohome as I’m trying to get my head round things well beyond my level of understanding and with your help I’m hoping to find out exactly what parts I need to order. I made a number of calls on Thursday and Friday to Honeywell and each time I got a slightly different answer which isn’t exactly confidence inspiring. I then emailed them on Friday morning stating exactly what I had and wanted to do and still managed to get a vague non-committal answer. I also read some of the threads on this forum but have yet to find someone with the exact same questions.

I currently have a Heatmiser wireless system with two separate plumbed heating zones, each controlled by its own wireless thermostat. One thermostat controls all the radiators in the house (zone 1) and the other thermostat controls wet underfloor heating in an extension (Zone 2 - the kitchen). The two thermostats communicate via RF to a dual zone boiler switch connected to a Worcester combi boiler. The underfloor heating has its own manifold and is connected to a Continental UFH controller. There are two underfloor circuits in the kitchen off the manifold but both circuits are within zone 2 (hope this makes sense). I realise the two Heatmiser thermostats and dual zone boiler switch will have to be removed completely.

I’m hoping to get an Evohome starter pack and use the controller (ATC928G3000) as a thermostat for the underfloor heating in the kitchen to send its signal to the starter pack's BDR91 at the boiler. I also want to get a second BDR91 to receive the signal via the controller from eight HR92 radiator valves (in zone 1) so I can then control each room separately within zone 1, therefore making mini zones. My wired Continental underfloor heating controller works with my current Heatmiser system, so am I correct in thinking I will not need an HCC80R, and that for my two plumbed zones, two BDR91 receivers will be sufficient, both being controlled by one ATC928G3000?

Am I right in thinking the only parts I will need are?

Evohome wifi connected starter pack containing controller and BDR91
    8x HR92 radiator valves
    An extra BDR91
    ATF600 wall mount kit

However, when I enter all my details into Honeywell’s system builder these are the part numbers it gives, which includes a Y87RF2024 Wireless Digital Room Thermostat which I’m unsure if I need;-

ATP921R3100 evohome Wi-Fi base pack
    HR92UK evohome Radiator Zone Kit
    BDR91T1004 Wireless Relay Box
    ATF600 evohome In-Wall Power Supply
    Y87RF2024 Wireless Digital Room Thermostat

But gives these advisories;-

We have made the assumption that our radiator controllers will fit on any existing valves you have. If you do not have the correct valve, your installer will be able to advise you.
    Based on what you have told about your under floor heating, we believe you are using a zone valve to control the flow of water. Your Installer will need to verify this.

I wasn’t sure whether to trust Honeywell’s system builder or not, and as mentioned earlier I was hoping to only need the controller (ATC928G3000) that comes with the starter pack as a thermostat for zone 2 and let the TRVs do their thing in zone 1, that is assuming they too can communicate with the one controller to two BDR91 relays.

Really appreciate any advice you can offer.

Justin
  • Dan_Robinson
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Jun 2012

Your own list should be diffident sufficient.

You'll need to decommission the zone valve currently feeding the rads.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• justin8571
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Sep 2017

Thanks for your reply Dan.

You say my own list should be sufficient, so the ATC928G3000 controller can be used as a thermostat for the underfloor heating and relay information to one of the BDR91 relays, and communicate with the HR92 TRVs to a second BDR91?

Also, purely as I'm clueless about this, why would I decommission the zone valve for the radiators?

Thanks for your help

Justin

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Jun 2012

One bdr for the boiler
        The other bdr for the ufh actuators.
        Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• justin8571
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Sep 2017

Thank you Dan

Comment

Working...
          X