• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrman365
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2017

Evohome Thermostat model variations?

Hi again everyone.

I recently bought myself an evohome kit. It came in a square white box with model number: THR99C3110 on the side. (Im in the process of installing it)
    My cousin has bought the same after i explained to him what it can do and introduced him to this forum.

His one came in a red rectangular flatter box with model number: ATP921R3100 on the side.

We are basically wondering, are there any differences between the two or is one a newer model or something?

Pics attached

Thanks!
    Attached Files
  • Dan_Robinson
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Jun 2012

Could be wrong, but it is just a difference in market stream and packaging. The hardware will be the same.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Jun 2012

Where did you /he buy them?
      Last edited by Dan_Robinson; 21 September 2017, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Mrman365
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
        Where did you /be but them?
        Im in the UK and mine was from Amazon, square white box. My cousin's plumbnation, red flat box

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Jun 2012

That's why then..... Different marketing streams.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
            Site Sponsor
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Mrman365 View Post
            Im in the UK and mine was from Amazon, square white box. My cousin's plumbnation, red flat box
            Nice to hear neither came from us... What more has a guy got to do lol...

Comment

• Mrman365
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Sep 2017

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
              Nice to hear neither came from us... What more has a guy got to do lol...
              haha, im sorry Evohome shop, but they were cheaper there.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Jun 2012

Price is not the be all and end all.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Jun 2012

Unless I'm buying from Richard.... In which case - an industrial pencil sharpener is winging its way to you this weekend :P

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                    Site Sponsor
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Mrman365 View Post
                    haha, im sorry Evohome shop, but they were cheaper there.
                    We don't intentionally try to be more expensive, but try calling Amazon at 5pm on a Friday for technical support or setup help and see how far you get...

Leads me on to a question... Do I match these prices and end my technical help?

Comment

• the crooner
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Jun 2017

When we bought we didn't price shop, I asked you and your team questions and my son placed the order with you. I had to persuade your team to give me access to your buyers only forum as I wanted the most information I could get before parting with a considerable amount of money.

I remember being a little peeved that you had a closed area on your forum, but having read this thread I see your dilemma.

If you are loosing too many sales to box shifters you will have to amend your pricing policy, or negotiate with your suppliers - after all you are doing some of Honeywell's job for them.

There is excellent advice on this forum, but having the ability to question a real person who gives knowledgeable answers is valuable.

Maybe you could give buyers say 15 minutes of free support and then charge modestly for your further time - maybe a premium rate number. You might then even be able to profit from those who buy elsewhere.

Tony

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Jun 2012

Oh dear....

............👉Point
                        👈........ Head

Comment

• Mrman365
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Sep 2017

Price is not the be all and end all.
                          Really? I dont have much money unfortunately so when there is £30 difference on the kit, i dont see why anyone would willingly pay more for the same product.

UseIP sell ip cameras competitivley priced, good site. They also have a very useful open forum.

Anyway, back to the topic, thanks for the info Dan, Honeywell also confirmed its down to the marketting but both are same products.

Take care everyone.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                            Automated Home Ninja
                            • Jun 2012

If one doesn't have much money, one must prioritise one's purchases. Is a luxury multi zone touchscreen Heating controller needed?

I spend a lot of money each month (relatively) through the business. I choose where possible, to support small businesses, such as the the family run Evohome Shop. I could get the kit cheaper elsewhere, but I would rather encourage small enterprises that offer superior support and service. Yes it impacts my bottom line, but then, as a small business myself, I hope my customers work on the same principle. Otherwise the world will be full of Uber, Ikea and Amazon. What a soulless God forsaken place the world would be....

Did you know that you use a UK Ikea catalogue to guide you through the Japanese version? Depressing isn't it?

Comment

• Mrman365
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Sep 2017

If one doesn't have much money, one must prioritise one's purchases. Is a luxury multi zone touchscreen Heating controller needed?

I spend a lot of money each month (relatively) through the business. I choose where possible, to support small businesses, such as the the family run Evohome Shop. I could get the kit cheaper elsewhere, but I would rather encourage small enterprises that offer superior support and service. Yes it impacts my bottom line, but then, as a small business myself, I hope my customers work on the same principle. Otherwise the world will be full of Uber, Ikea and Amazon. What a soulless God forsaken place the world would be....

Did you know that you use a UK Ikea catalogue to guide you through the Japanese version? Depressing isn't it?
                              One has recently moved to a large house so money is tight this month. But either way, spending more money on the exact same thing makes no sense.
                              Anyway, irrelevant and pointless conversation..
                              Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X