Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome - wireless pump overrun

Automated Home Lurker

Question Evohome - wireless pump overrun

Hi

I have a c/h system with gas boiler and wood stove boiler linked up. All the pumps/motorised valves are in a different part of the house to the gas boiler. So I want to do wireless control for everything via the Evohome.

My question is has any one worked out how to do pump overrun for gas boiler where the pump is not hard wired to the boiler.

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

https://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/remote...0vac-link-p286

Although you must not rely on this for the wood burner.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks. I think we probably move the pump to be with boiler as another wireless device will blow my electricians mind. He still hasn’t got his head around the layout as we trying to put the Evohome system on this wiring diagram. http://www.dunsleyheat.co.uk/layout2.htm

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Another idea which might work (someone tell me if I've overlooked something) - DOUBLE bind two BDR91s, and have one on the boiler and one on the pump, with a simple timer circuit added to the latter (a simple bathroom fan overrun timer would work fine).

Normally we want to avoid double binding relays, and it causes problems, but (if I'm right) it could work in this case.

Automated Home Lurker

I did think this might be an option. Can you get a stand alone timer circuit device?

Yup. Search for bathroom fan overrun timers. Lots available, and almost certainly the cheapest way to do this.

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

And if the boiler fires for frost protection and there isn't a pump run signal from the fan timer?
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Yeah, good point. Don't do this if your boiler is in a garage or outbuilding that's likely to fall below 5 degrees.

Mine's in my kitchen, so I forget that people have their boilers in places where the heat given out by the boiler casing / flue etc. will get wasted!

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks for the info. Based on the issues discussed we moved the primary pump for the boiler to under the boiler today and hard wired it to the boiler so that now the boiler can run with its own overrun.
    Our next task is to now try and sort out the c/h pump and the n/o hot water valve control.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Mine's in my kitchen, so I forget that people have their boilers in places where the heat given out by the boiler casing / flue etc. will get wasted!
    Wish I had thought about this 8 years ago when I moved the boiler from the kitchen into the loft! I've had to incur consider expense to do that and have had no end of trouble with the extra copper runs. Plus every year I have to beg an engineer to come and service my boiler, even though the loft is completely boarded and extremely well lit. The only plus side was that we had no constraints when redesigning our kitchen.