Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got a Vaillant eBUS timer/controller I could borrow

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by fezster View Post
    The VR10 sensor will have to be installed into the unvented cylinder's dry pocket, ensuring the zone valve is wired in series with the overheat stat to maintain the mandated safety requirements.

The flow temperature on the boiler is then adjusted to max (usually 75 degrees) and the VRT350 will control the flow temperature when using CH. When the DHW kicks in, the VR65/VR66 will adjust the flow temperature to max, until the VR10 reports that the HW cylinder is up to the desired temperature.
    Thanks for clarifying about the flow temperatures, this should allow me to do what I wanted to achieve. The max flow temperature you want for CH, do you set at the boiler or on the controller? (or can you do it either way)

Automated Home Sr Member

The dial on the front of the boiler sets the max temp allowed, and then the ebus controller adjusts it (never able to exceed the max). Thanks @bruce_miranda for this info.

Automated Home Legend

The dials on the front of the boiler set the HW target temp for the cylinder and the Max Flow for the CH. If you are using a Vaillant programmer, you are meant to set both those to max and then use the controller to set the HW required temperature. The CH flow is then dynamically altered based on requirement. However if you ignore the instructions and set the dials to a number lower than max then the programmer cannot exceed the dials. The interesting bit is that the MAXes themselves can be changed in the installer menus. But generally when heating HW, Flow is set to 80C.

Automated Home Legend

I am meant to be conducting a test to check if the boiler will kick itself into using the 80C without a eBUS programmer and without a VR10 sensor. I know this works without a eBUS controller, but I don't know if it will work without the VR10 temperature sensor.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I am meant to be conducting a test to check if the boiler will kick itself into using the 80C without a eBUS programmer and without a VR10 sensor. I know this works without a eBUS controller, but I don't know if it will work without the VR10 temperature sensor.
    I'll be very interested in the result of this.

Automated Home Jr Member

Bruce I've also been keen on tackling ebus control of my boiler for some time but somehow never got round to buying any gear to set up monitoring of the protocols.
    If you are likely soon to be selling the full set of controls I would be interested to hear from you.

Automated Home Legend

I have a spare brand new VR65+VR10 and a used VRT360F available now if you want.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I have a spare brand new VR65+VR10 and a used VRT360F available now if you want.
    Does the VRT360F come complete with the receiver?

I think I would need a receiver which can be wired into ebus. I doubt my boiler will take a plug in panel Rx.

Let me know what you would like for the gear and I'll get back to you.
    Last edited by Jackthom; 10th January 2018 at 02:30 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Yes ofcourse both the transmitter and receiver are included in the VRT360F, one without the other is useless.

Automated Home Jr Member

Sale now agreed and swapping details via PM.