• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kimber.kimber
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jan 2017

HR92 Controlled by Y87RF

I’m having a bit of a problem getting this set up to work in the master bedroom. Process I’ve done is as follows;

Deleted original zone and cleared all bindings from valve and Y87RF.
    Created zone, and bound the HR92
    Gone into the temp sensing part and bound the Y87RF in Co mode.

Am I doing something wrong? Rad will not turn on at all. Signal strength etc is all ok.

Cheers,

Ian
  • dty
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Aug 2016

You didn't need to do all of that. You could have just added the Y87RF as the temperature sensor and it would have replaced the HR92 as the sensor (but left the HR92 as the actuator).

Anyway... basic diagnostics.

When you adjust the setpoint on the Y87RF, does the controller see that? If so, Y87RF to controller comms are fine.

When you override the temperature on the controller, does the radiator kick in? If so controller to HR92 comms are fine.

Bear in mind that the HR92 only checks in with the controller something like every 7 minutes. Let's say 10! So it could take up to 10 minutes for a change on the thermostat (or controller, or app, or website) to result in action at the valve. Maybe longer if the comms go missing!

Comment

• kimber.kimber
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Jan 2017

Cheers for that. I’ll get in and try it tomorrow night. The only reason I deleted the zone and inbound everything is because the actuator etc hasn’t been used for about 5 months while the room was renovated. With the HR92 sat with the batteries out, I wanted to remove that from being an issue.

Comment

• kimber.kimber
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Jan 2017

Ok, so I couldn’t wait for tomorrow! Y87RF Adjustment shows up on the controller, so I looks like it might be the rad controller. Will take a look at that tomorrow.

Comment

• kimber.kimber
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Jan 2017

So when I’ve come home tonight, I whacked the temp up to 26 degs in the master bed, to make sure it was well over the set point in the room. Valve registered the change, and turned the rad on.

Currently it doesn’t seem to be wanting to drop back on to the schedule, which is frustrating, as I don’t want it to be 26 degrees! Also when your using a wall sensor, should the top of the valve still be able to adjust the temp?

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Jun 2012

How long have you waited after turning it back down?

And yes, the valve can still adjust the setpoint.
            Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by kimber.kimber View Post
              Currently it doesn’t seem to be wanting to drop back on to the schedule, which is frustrating,
              How are you trying to set it back to the schedule ?

The Y87RF can't cancel an override it can only make a new override.

So if your schedule was 20 and you overrode it to 26 you now have a timed override to 26 until the next set point. If you then set it back to 20 from the Y87RF it will change it back to 20 but it will still be a timed override until the next set point, but now at 20 degrees. To completely cancel the timed override you need to use your controller or phone app. There is a subtle difference - a timed override of temperature equal to the schedule will not allow optimal start to operate for the next set point change for the zone.

Also keep in mind that any set point change made from the Y87RF will take up to about 4 minutes to propagate to the HR92 - same as when you make a change from the controller or smart phone app. So be patient. If you are impatient and want an immediate set point change, turn the knob on the top of the HR92, this will change the set point without any delay.

Comment

Working...
              X