Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: All radiators either on or off

The adapter has not been fitted far enough down on the valve body - itís easy with Danfoss valves to think the adapter collar is fitted correctly when itís not (you should not see a gap between the valve body and adapter when fully seated).
    Undo the screw on the adapter, open up the adapter where it splits, and it will drop another few mm down onto the valve body, which is the correct position. You should then find the actuator can shut off the flow to the radiator.

Itís easy and obvious to spot once you know what to look for.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by basiluk View Post
    I really would suspect tat the valve fitting in not on 100% - They go on very tightly, almost tot he point that you think you are going to break the fitting - It should fit uber tightly over the head.

If all else fails then try changing one fo the values with a Honeywell one (assuming you have generic valves at the moment).
    Hello basiluk, I have the adaptor fitted as far on the valve as possible and screwed up to an inch of its life. Then the inners of the HR92 are screwed on to the adaptor again very tightly done up. The body of the HR92 just pushes on to the other bits with a push and click the locking mech. I will speak to the heating engineer on Thursday to see if the danfoss valves need replacing with a different type. thanks :-) :-)

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by willdonal View Post
    Hello basiluk, I have the adaptor fitted as far on the valve as possible and screwed up to an inch of its life. Then the inners of the HR92 are screwed on to the adaptor again very tightly done up. The body of the HR92 just pushes on to the other bits with a push and click the locking mech. I will speak to the heating engineer on Thursday to see if the danfoss valves need replacing with a different type. thanks :-) :-)
    I can recommend Honeywell Valencia bodies from The Evohome Shop.

https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/radiato...mm-angled.html

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    I can recommend Honeywell Valencia bodies from The Evohome Shop.

https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/radiato...mm-angled.html
    Thanks, if all else fails I'll give these a go. :-) :-)

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by SensibleHeatUK View Post
    The adapter has not been fitted far enough down on the valve body - it’s easy with Danfoss valves to think the adapter collar is fitted correctly when it’s not (you should not see a gap between the valve body and adapter when fully seated).
    Undo the screw on the adapter, open up the adapter where it splits, and it will drop another few mm down onto the valve body, which is the correct position. You should then find the actuator can shut off the flow to the radiator.

It’s easy and obvious to spot once you know what to look for.
    hello, I think you may just have solved it. The first radiator I took the valve off and splayed the adaptor out and it went in to the radiator a good 2/3 mm. I will post later to let you know how I get on. I cant do all the radiators tonight as kids are sleeping. You may well have just hit the nail on the head :-) :-) :-)

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

I have and a single valve body screw an entire system.

Your kids must be light sleepers 😆

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
    I have and a single valve body screw an entire system.

Your kids must be light sleepers ��
    Hi Dan, I have sneaked in and now have all radiator adaptors seated properly. I have put the heating on for just the living room so in half an hour I should be able to say whether sensibleheatuk has solved it for me. One other slight problem I had to go to the wireless relay box and press the button for it to switch on the heating. It will switch off via the controller but not on. Thanks

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

Hopefully SH is there as well as me 😘. He's more experienced with this 5hsn most of us in the field.

You still have to tell is how long you are waiting before drawing conclusions to reaction events (or lack of).

Manual interventions with this stuff does upset it. One of the things I try and make new owners understand is that it is supposed to be quasi autonomous.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by SensibleHeatUK View Post
    The adapter has not been fitted far enough down on the valve body - it’s easy with Danfoss valves to think the adapter collar is fitted correctly when it’s not (you should not see a gap between the valve body and adapter when fully seated).

It’s easy and obvious to spot once you know what to look for.
    You are a star, all 14 radiators had the adaptor fitted slightly incorrectly. I undid them and splayed the collar and they all went in a good 2/3 mm. I now have the living room radiators on and everything else is off :-) :-) :-) A very happy bunny in north east Scotland. thanks to all for your inputs. Great help. thank-you very much :-) :-)

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Robinson View Post
    Hopefully SH is there as well as me ��. He's more experienced with this 5hsn most of us in the field.

You still have to tell is how long you are waiting before drawing conclusions to reaction events (or lack of).

Manual interventions with this stuff does upset it. One of the things I try and make new owners understand is that it is supposed to be quasi autonomous.
    Thanks Dan, I have just gone in to the controller, cancelled the override and the heating is now off. The heating goes off within 30 seconds of telling it but not sure on how long I have to wait for it to come on. After a minute I just pressed the button on the wireless relay box. a bit impatient :-) :-) Tomorrow I will have more time and have a play. thanks for all your answers :-) :-)