• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • forrest
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2005

house alarm

hi
    Iam trying to help a workmate solve a problem with his logic 4 alarm,which he has no instuctions for,he thinks its about 12 years old but he has only been in his house for 2 years.the problem is there is no delay when entering front door on zone one,which is not yet causing problems with neighbours but as he works regular nights it could soon do.If he goes in at side door he as a 15 sec delay but he has to climb over a large gate first.Is it a easy solution or is there a fault with the alarm system
  • katman
    • Jan 2004

Re: house alarm

Normally only one Zone can be configured as an entry zone so I am assuming that when originally installed the previous occupants always used the side door as the Entry/Exit route.

It would probably need wiring changes to the sensors to allow use of the front door instead as the front door may be sharing a zone with other sensors.

You need to determine exactly what sensors are on each zone before you can work out if you can change it.

IF the front door is the only thing on Zone 1 then you might be able to make the change just by programming.

Regards

Keith
    KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
    http://www.kat5.tv

Comment

• forrest
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2005

Thanks for the advice which I will pass onto him and see if he can sort it out .

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

It might be worth upgrading the alarm panel. Especially as its quite old. Some modern panels can have up to 2 entry/exit delay zones, ideal if you leave the house via the front door but enter via a side door.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• paulpaddison
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jul 2005

i have instructions for the logic 4 and can send a pdf for you to print them with. the user will need to turn the key to test before opening the controll pannel then swapp the wires from zone 1 with entry / exit wires both of these are marked on tha board. entry and exit time ajustment adjusters are on the board close to top right and top left you will need a small screwdriver to ajust these be carefull there very sensative. any problems post back.

Comment

• bigworm
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Nov 2005

can you send me the pdf file of the wiring
            moving this alarm to my garage after some scum broke in and stole my tools.
            any help would be appreciated

Comment

• sssingo
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Nov 2006

Paul,

If poss could you also email me the instructions for this alarm? I have purchased a house with no note of how the alarm operates at all - HELP

Originally posted by paulpaddison
              i have instructions for the logic 4 and can send a pdf for you to print them with. the user will need to turn the key to test before opening the controll pannel then swapp the wires from zone 1 with entry / exit wires both of these are marked on tha board. entry and exit time ajustment adjusters are on the board close to top right and top left you will need a small screwdriver to ajust these be carefull there very sensative. any problems post back.

Comment

• ace24uk
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Nov 2006

hi could anyone send me the wiring for the logic 4 alarm plz couse mine dosen't work

Comment

Working...
                X