• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huntajc
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2017

New installation - unusual readings & Android app behaviour

Hi

New user with a new evohome installation here, so apologies in advance...!

I'm getting some unusually high readings on occasion. The controller will be reporting 24.5' when the valve is set for 21'. I don't have a thermometer to hand but the room certainly feels a 'normal' temperature, similar to other rooms, and there's good circulation around the valves.

I've also noticed something strange about the Android app - see screenshots (hopefully attached). It's showing a target temp of 18' ahead of the scheduled switch point - note the time in the top right of the screen.

Screenshot_20171015-071550.jpgScreenshot_20171015-071519.jpg

I'd be grateful to hear any suggestions on either of these points.

Many thanks.

Andrew
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Originally posted by huntajc View Post
    Hi

New user with a new evohome installation here, so apologies in advance...!

I'm getting some unusually high readings on occasion. The controller will be reporting 24.5' when the valve is set for 21'. I don't have a thermometer to hand but the room certainly feels a 'normal' temperature, similar to other rooms, and there's good circulation around the valves.

I've also noticed something strange about the Android app - see screenshots (hopefully attached). It's showing a target temp of 18' ahead of the scheduled switch point - note the time in the top right of the screen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1101[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1102[/ATTACH]

I'd be grateful to hear any suggestions on either of these points.

Many thanks.

Andrew
    Type of boiler and configuration? Does the zone temperature settle over time?

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

How new? The system might still be in he initial learning phase.

Comment

• huntajc
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Sep 2017

It was installed a couple of days ago.

Vaillant boiler (not a combi), and yes, eventually readings become more realistic.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

It was installed a couple of days ago.

Vaillant boiler (not a combi), and yes, eventually readings become more realistic.
          Are you by any chance using the Evotouch itself as the temperature sensor for the room in question ?

If so, holding or handling the device even for a couple of minutes will cause the temperature reading for that room to shoot up to 25-30 degrees due to your body heat, which is 33 degrees on the surface of the skin...

Once you do this it can take quite a while - maybe 15-30 minutes for the reading to gradually creep back down to the real room temperature.

I use my Evotouch as the temperature sensor for the hallway - but only because it stays on a wall mount in the hallway - if I was handling it or moving it around I would not use it as a sensor.

Comment

• huntajc
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
            Are you by any chance using the Evotouch itself as the temperature sensor for the room in question ?
            No, this is as reported by the valve.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

No, this is as reported by the valve.
              If you have the evotouch controller configured as the temperature sensor for that zone, the HR92 will report the temperature measured by the controller - it's own built in sensor is not used.

This applies to any "remote" sensor for a zone such as a DTS92 wall thermostat - if it is the sensor for a zone, all HR92's in that zone will report the temperature measured by the DTS92, not by their internal sensor. (which only gets used for open window detection when a remote sensor is configured)

Comment

• huntajc
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Sep 2017

I've verified that the valves are set up to act as thermostat but thank you for the suggestion.

I think I've spotted a trend in that the high readings are possibly when the room is getting up to temperature from cool. Could the HR92 be reporting higher temperatures because of how hard the radiator is working? As I said, there's good circulation around the valve and no obvious reason why I'm not seeing it on all rads if that's the case but I'd be interested to hear the experiences of others.

Comment

Working...
                X