Multiple HR92 binding in a zone - which is temp sesnor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rvb99
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2017

Multiple HR92 binding in a zone - which is temp sesnor?

Hi everybody,

perhaps a stupid question, but am I right in thinking that when binding multiple HR92s to a evo controller zone (with no other zone temperature sensor) , the last HR92 to be bound provides the temperature sensor for the zone ?

thanks for any info.
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by rvb99 View Post
    Hi everybody,

perhaps a stupid question, but am I right in thinking that when binding multiple HR92s to a evo controller zone (with no other zone temperature sensor) , the last HR92 to be bound provides the temperature sensor for the zone ?

thanks for any info.
    it depends...

if it is a zone using multiple HR92, the FIRST one that you bind is sensor and actuator, subsequent HR92s bound are only bound as actuators

however

if you then go into system parameters, zone parameters

you can change from a single to multiroom zone

this enables every HR92 to be sensor and actuator
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

And on the Wifi version of the controller you can go into the zone configuration after the fact and change which one is the temperature sensor without having to go through the binding process for all individual HR92's in the zone again. (You just press the bind button on the one that you want to be the new temperature sensor)

Comment

• rvb99
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2017

Thanks for the replies.

In the end I worked out which was the sensor as it was the only one that sent a HR92 initiated RF Check back to the evo controller with the message *“sensor excellent”. The other HR92s never responded. Then I simply uncliped that one from its baseplate and exchanged it onto a radiator where it gives a representative sensor value of the overal room temperature. Thanks again

Comment

• BazzaD
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by top brake View Post
          it depends...

if it is a zone using multiple HR92, the FIRST one that you bind is sensor and actuator, subsequent HR92s bound are only bound as actuators

however

if you then go into system parameters, zone parameters

Hi, my question relates to the independence or otherwise of the actuators in the same zone (room) that are not the "Master"

Does the master provide control over all the other actuators in that zone, or do the other actuators still turn off and on the rad based on their own reading of the temperature.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

Based on their own readings.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
              Based on their own readings.
              Only in a multi-room zone.

In a standard single room zone the first HR92 is nominated as the temperature sensor for the entire zone (unless you bound a wall stat like a DTS92 - in which case it is the sensor for the zone) and all of the HR92's in the zone make their adjustments based on the temperature measured on the first HR92. They don't use their own temperature sensors at all except to implement open window detection.

Comment

• BazzaD
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                Only in a multi-room zone.

In a standard single room zone the first HR92 is nominated as the temperature sensor for the entire zone (unless you bound a wall stat like a DTS92 - in which case it is the sensor for the zone) and all of the HR92's in the zone make their adjustments based on the temperature measured on the first HR92. They don't use their own temperature sensors at all except to implement open window detection.
                So are you and Bruce going to fight over this one? Very specific and clear answer thanks DBMandrake, I think you answer makes the most sense, if not, why have a multi-room setting, but as we know software design does not always seem to follow clear logic. I have this question sitting with Honeywell and if / when I get an answer that confirms or contradicts I will let you know. Thanks again.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by BazzaD View Post
                  So are you and Bruce going to fight over this one? Very specific and clear answer thanks DBMandrake, I think you answer makes the most sense, if not, why have a multi-room setting, but as we know software design does not always seem to follow clear logic. I have this question sitting with Honeywell and if / when I get an answer that confirms or contradicts I will let you know. Thanks again.
                  I don't get what isn't clear here, It's pretty straight forward isn't it? The multi room setting, is as it state for Multirooms. So if you had for instance, a 'Upstairs' zone, with more than one rad in different rooms.

Comment

• BazzaD
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
                    I don't get what isn't clear here, It's pretty straight forward isn't it? The multi room setting, is as it state for Multirooms. So if you had for instance, a 'Upstairs' zone, with more than one rad in different rooms.
                    I get the logic, but the view of my installer was different and the manual not that clear, which is why I posted. So far I have received, two views one way and two the other. All good fun. But for now where I have a room with two radiators I have set to Multiroom. Regards.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2014

sorry I thought the question was about HR92 in a multi room configuration.

Comment

• ukEvo
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by top brake View Post

So, in my particular case, my kitchen is quite large and has two radiators. I did think that I had to have one of the HR92's as the sensor and actuator (the Master) and the second one as just an actuator (Slave) for its radiator. Am I now understanding correctly that so long as I select multi-room from the parameters menu, I can have each HR92 set as both a sensor and actuator? I think this will be a good option as each end of the kitchen is prone to different temperatures.
                        ukEvo 'cos I'm an Evans.

Comment

Working...
                        X