Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evohome in new build house with 2 zone and HW

Automated Home Legend

Correct. All comms between devices is via the controller.

Automated Home Jr Member

��thanks again people

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JamboV6 View Post
    Hot water kit arrived today, so I'm guessing my second drawing is wrong and the evohome stat that is wired to the cs92a wirelessly transmits to the control panel that then tells the bdr91 to switch? Is that correct?
    Correct First Drawing is the Way to Go HW BDR is really the New HW Stat as it switches when Cs92a and Evohome calls for HW and it is wired in series with original stat via original Wiring

Automated Home Jr Member

Fitted the system today, all went well, only thing left to do is patch up the holes in the wall from the upstairs room Stat. Big thanks to everyone for your input especially mylesm, your help really made the job easy.

Automated Home Guru

Fitted the system today, all went well, only thing left to do is patch up the holes in the wall from the upstairs room Stat. Big thanks to everyone for your input especially mylesm, your help really made the job easy.
    Great Glad it worked out now leave it alone during Learning Phase

Automated Home Jr Member

So I have discovered an issue. Due to the warm weather the heating hasn't kicked in since monday night and as from tuesday ive had it set to eco just in case it snows over night between heatwaves and the house temp crashes.
    Anyway the issue is, whenever the hot water comes on the rad in the utility ( the only one uncontrolled ) is getting scolding hot. What are my options?
    1- Honeywell upping the number of zones and putting a HR92 on it.
    2- Binding a BD91 to the 2 heating zone valves that have been disabled and linking them to the BD91 that is controlling the boiler so that the 2 zone valves switch with the boiler.
    3- Just shut the rad down until the heating goes back on in the autumn?

cheers,
    James

Automated Home Ninja

So I have discovered an issue. Due to the warm weather the heating hasn't kicked in since monday night and as from tuesday ive had it set to eco just in case it snows over night between heatwaves and the house temp crashes.
    Anyway the issue is, whenever the hot water comes on the rad in the utility ( the only one uncontrolled ) is getting scolding hot. What are my options?
    1- Honeywell upping the number of zones and putting a HR92 on it.
    2- Binding a BD91 to the 2 heating zone valves that have been disabled and linking them to the BD91 that is controlling the boiler so that the 2 zone valves switch with the boiler.
    3- Just shut the rad down until the heating goes back on in the autumn?

cheers,
    James
    Isn't it easier to just turn the rad off? I you use the utility for drying in winter etc. then it's useful it coming on all the time anyway. Our garage radiator is exactly the same with a TRV and we find it quite useful.

Automated Home Jr Member

its needed in the winter, will just shut it down then till its needed again

Automated Home Legend

Just make sure you have an ABV and that rad is not it.

Automated Home Lurker

Sorry for the really basic question.

I have exactly the same set-up and I'm currently doing my research for the evohome installation.

I'm struggling to get my head around the HW demand. Given the wiring set up, how does this fire up the pump to heat up the water inside the tank?