• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the crooner
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2017

Evohome install today

Working from a comprehensive wiring diagram which I produced son no 2 wired the Megaflow wiring centre whilst son no 1 whose house it is did all the geeky bits setting up and binding all of the radiator controllers, the BDR relays and cylinder temperature insertion sensor.

When the system finally went live everything worked as planned and we are currently evaluating the set points for the various rooms.

We are a savvy DIY family and the installation, wiring and commissioning the system was in honesty easy.

I would commend Evohome as ideal for anyone with the capabilities to make it work. On reflection I'm surprised how easy it was and how trouble free. Everything just worked.

Thanks for all the helpful advice and help from this forum during the planning phase.

Tony
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by the crooner View Post
    Working from a comprehensive wiring diagram which I produced son no 2 wired the Megaflow wiring centre whilst son no 1 whose house it is did all the geeky bits setting up and binding all of the radiator controllers, the BDR relays and cylinder temperature insertion sensor.

When the system finally went live everything worked as planned and we are currently evaluating the set points for the various rooms.

We are a savvy DIY family and the installation, wiring and commissioning the system was in honesty easy.

I would commend Evohome as ideal for anyone with the capabilities to make it work. On reflection I'm surprised how easy it was and how trouble free. Everything just worked.

Thanks for all the helpful advice and help from this forum during the planning phase.

Tony

nice work, great feedback thanks Tony!
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• mylesm
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by the crooner View Post

Tony
      I have Evohome now for about a year and find it great as you say it just works I have been through a heating season so I know how it worked in winter and it was great

If I had one piece of advise it would be leave it alone and let it do its thing there can be a desire to interfere but I find its best to let it alone especially during the learning phase

Great System

mylesm

Comment

• the crooner
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jun 2017

Thanks for that.

We have locked all the radiator controllers and intend to do just that.

And link it with some temperature sensors on the boiler flow and return, and look to extracting as much information as we can via either homeassistant or domoticz.

Comment

• GarforthGasServices
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Apr 2017

Out of interest, what is the boiler in this installation, and, are you using simple switching control or Opentherm ?

Comment

• the crooner
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jun 2017

Its a Baxi Solo 2 pipe boiler installed by British Gas some 5ish years ago. So no opentherm.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Jun 2012

5 years ago? LOL, and the rest
              Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• the crooner
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Jun 2017

According to the documents that came with the house it was installed in 2012.

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Jun 2012

Not a Solo 2. They were standard efficiency, therefore non installable post January 2005.

Unless some vary bizarre installation requirements are present m

Comment

• the crooner
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Jun 2017

Its a Solo HE condensing boiler.

Was never a Solo 2, but a boiler with two pipes, guess I should have said HE.
                    Last edited by the crooner; 24 October 2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• paulockenden
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Apr 2015

Looks like the 2 got attached to the wrong word!

Comment

• Dan_Robinson
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Jun 2012

That's more like it

Comment

• the crooner
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Jun 2017

The lady of the house now has the app on her phone and is actually "impressed" with the heating system.

Praise indeerd!

Comment

• paulockenden
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Apr 2015

WAF (wife acceptance factor*) is always critical.

(*) And in some cases the other way round, as Mavis will attest!

Comment

Working...
                            X