• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ega05th
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2017

Problems with Zone 2 of Honeywell thermostat

We live in a two bed flat which was built in 2014. We went to put the heating on via our Honeywell thermostat over the weekend but no heating kicked in. I've gone to test it again today and again no heating.

We have two zones on our thermostat so I then put on zone 1 (which is the lounge) and the heating immediately kicked in and you could hear the boiler whirring.

When I turned off zone 1 and left on zone 2 (the bedroom), the boiler than turned back off.

Has anyone got any tips on how to overcome this issue? Our bedroom suffers from damp so we could do with having some heat to dry it out
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Which of the many models of Honeywell thermostat are we talking about? Is each zone controlled by a motorised zone valve? Have you checked the zone valves to see if they are opening/closing properly?

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Could one of the knowledgeable professionals offer this poster some help?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2017

Without any further information from the OP as to what the system is it's like going in blind. Is it an EvoHome system? Or a traditional time clock and stats with 2 zones?

My guess is that it's the latter and the Motorised Valve that's faulty for the second zone, either not opening or the microswitch is faulty.

Comment

• HenGus
          Automated Home Legend
          • May 2014

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
          Without any further information from the OP as to what the system is it's like going in blind. Is it an EvoHome system? Or a traditional time clock and stats with 2 zones?

My guess is that it's the latter and the Motorised Valve that's faulty for the second zone, either not opening or the microswitch is faulty.
          I agree but noting that the OP had also posted on MSE and got the response below, I suggested re-posting here hoping that a Honeywell rep might be able to offer some assistance:

Quote We had awful problems with heating/hot water not coming on when by chance I stumbled across a plumbers' forum which indicated that there was a faulty batch of Honeywell timers. There is a way of finding the date of manufacture by pressing certain buttons and then you could check with Honeywell.

"just for your info there was a recall on these programmers due to this sort of fault, I had it with mine at home, if I set the hot water to come on 10mins before heating all was fine but didn't work if both set to same time, there is a way to find the date code with certain presses (or a sticker on the back), then ring Honeywell, ive had 4 different callout to the same problem in recent years and had 2 replaced under warranty and 2 not so defo worth a try.
          hope this helps.
          wayne
          recalled codes 1037 - 1139

The "Date Code" for this device can be seen on the display if the '+' button is held for about 8 seconds. This is followed by a check sum number. The two numbers will alternate a few times before the display returns to normal" Unquote

Comment

Working...
          X