• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shevans
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2005

Sonos

Does anyone with a HA system own a SONOS music system and have you been able to control it in any way from HomeSeer or even the command line?

Many thanks
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Re: Sonos

I don't believe anyone has done that (yet). Its been asked quite a few times in the official Sonos forums, and there's already homebrew software available (look in the digital experts forum) to give Web control of the Sonos system.

Hopefully this is an addition that will come in future software/firmware updates.

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• Anonymous
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2000

I'm working on it.

So far I've been able to do some basic control of the zone players, and am aiming to bundle these together into a set of HS scripts. Target date is about 3-4 weeks away, with the intention to get something out there, then build on it over time.

Must admit though, controlling the zone linking has got me baffled at the moment, and it is a rather fundamental part of the controls.

Comment

• shevans
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Sep 2005

This is going to be great, I can’t wait for the ability to play a MP3 on a HS event or device status change.

Comment

• Anonymous
          Automated Home Guru
          • Nov 2000

Its still on target, I've put a post up on the SONOS and HomeSeer boards to give a bit more detail on what the scripts will do.

Shevans, I've not built in anything to select music, I prefer to use the SONOS controller for that, but it will certainly play from the queue and a whole lot more.

The feature that I wanted most was the ability to use the SONOS system to handle HS announcements, and that is working well in testing. It allows you to choose which zones get which announcements, just by setting the the volume in a HS virtual device.

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

Oh wow. I might even be tempted to go back to Homeseer. What version of Homeseer are you using. 1.7 or 2
            IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• MichaelD
              Automated Home Guru
              • Mar 2006

I'm on 1.7. I bought the v2 codes, but am waiting for another PC to use for experimenting with 2.

So, the scripts are all tested on 1.7

Comment

Working...
              X